Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Final NEWTs 🦎✨ // Week 1 Recap

Week One of the NEWTs is complete! I read significantly less of my NEWTs TBR than I probably should have (isn't that always how it goes?) in favor of reading some other August TBR books, but the reading that I *did* do for NEWTs this week was just *chef's kiss*. I read the entirety of Felix Ever After this week and WOW what a great novel. We need more YA stories with imperfect main characters and Black, queer, trans representation. Absolutely loved this reading experience, and gave it 5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

HERBOLOGY
Acceptable level achieved: Read a book with flowers on the cover


🌺 Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
368 pages

NEWTS REQUIREMENTS FOR HOGWARTS PROFESSOR

Achieve an "Outstanding" in the subject that you wish to teach 

CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
Acceptable
Exceeds Expectations
Outstanding

Achieve an "Exceeds Expectations" in Defense Against the Dark Arts

DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS
Acceptable
Exceeds Expectations

Achieve an "Acceptable" in secondary subjects of your choice

DIVINATION
Acceptable

HERBOLOGY
Acceptable ✅

TOTALS AFTER WEEK 1

Books completed: 1
Pages read: 368
NEWTs Requirements Completed: 0/3
NEWTs Challenges Completed: 1/7

For Week Two, I'll definitely be hoping to complete more than just one book on my requirements. 😅 In case you missed it, I'll be participating in the 24 in 48 readathon this weekend and I have a couple of my Care of Magical Creatures books on my TBR for that. Hopefully I can get through those this weekend and also get through another during the week for a total of three solid NEWTs books completed in Week Two. Wish me luck! 🤞🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment