Thursday, August 6, 2020

NEWTs 24 in 48 Readathon #1 🦎✨ // Friday Reads


Happy Friday, folks! It's been a while since I've written a Friday Reflections post and I definitely want to get back into the routine of doing that, but instead I'm going to be sharing a bit of a Friday Reads today. One of the fun things that the Magical Readathon is hosting this round is a couple of 24 in 48 readathons, and the first one is this upcoming weekend. I don't have really any plans this weekend until Sunday, so I figured I'd jump on the opportunity to get some serious reading done and participate in my favorite format of readathoning - attempting to fit in 24 hours of reading within a 48 hour window! I've never really gotten close to 24 hours (lol), but I really enjoy the concept of reading for time vs. reading for book or page count. It always seems to motivate me to read more! 

This weekend I'm going to be reading a combination of my NEWTs books and some non-NEWTs books that I want to read this month. I always like to have a fairly large stack of books to choose from for these readathons in case I go on a TEAR and get through a TON of books, so here's the stack I'm working with:

Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett 
(Acceptable for Care of Magical Creatures)
Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro & Emily Henry 
(August BoTM book)
In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire 
(Exceeds Expecations for Care of Magical Creatures)

I also have a couple of audiobooks out from the library for the moments when I'm unable to physically read:

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

What are you reading this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment