Monday, August 17, 2020

Running Game Plan // Fall 2020 Running Season?

Disclaimer: I received entry to the Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

Hello, it's your friendly neighborhood marathoner-who-has-totally-slacked-off-since-COVID-hit-and-blamed-it-all-on-her-lack-of-motivation-and-cancelled-races-when-in-reality-it's-because-she's-lazy. 😬 I am here yet again with a declaration of "I'm TOTALLY going to stick to this plan" when it comes to my running. I'll be the first to admit that I've totally sucked at running since the end of June, but I hope to get back into a better routine to prepare for the potential of a fall running season. I need to lean back on being disciplined instead of relying on motivation. One day at a time! 

In order to keep some goals in mind while I'm running, here's what I'm working toward:

1. Finish my 142 miles across the state of Massachusetts for the Medford2Medford challenge
2. Train for the Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon which is in 7 weeks (!!!) 😳 (Discount code at the bottom of this post!)
3. Train for the Rock n' Roll Savannah Marathon in November (it's still on as of now, so may as well train in the meantime so I'm not caught off guard if by some miracle it doesn't get cancelled). This race is 12 weeks away but I think I can do a proper build up in that time.
4. Finally run the Virtual Providence Half Marathon that I've totally slacked on since May (oops!)

Because it worked so well for me during my training for NOLA and LA, I'm going to be using the Runner's World sub-5 marathon training plan and the 16-week strength training plan for marathon runners. These are both 16-week plans but I think I can make it work for all of the races I need to train for. The timing works for Smuttynose, and I can move some things around to make it work for Savannah should that race still happen this November. 

I will be doing a running log every Monday from here on out to keep myself accountable. I'm also thinking of making running TikToks while I train. I've been making a few as I've been teaching Snowy how to run with me, and it's been so fun! (Check out my profile here!) Let me know if you'd like to see more running TikToks and I'll happily oblige (or I'll just oblige anyway because they're so fun to make). 

Because the Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon is still scheduled to be in person, I've been trying to spread the word as much as possible! All of my fingers and toes are crossed that it will still happen in-person, but if it changes to virtual I'm sure that I'll still have a good time. Either way, if you'd like to join me for 13.1 miles along the coast of NH, sign up at hamptonrockfest.com and use code "SAVE10" for 10% off your registration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment