Monday, October 22, 2018

#Witchathon TBR!

This is me very last minute deciding to join in on the #WitchAThon, which will be taking place between October 24 and October 31! I'm feeling like I need an extra boost of energy toward the end of this month to get a few more books read before October comes to a close, and I was a really big fan of the prompts for this readathon, so I figured it might be fun to hop in on the action! I'm going to mainly be focusing my energy on 3 books in the upcoming week and I'm hoping to finish my October reading strong! Though there are 7 challenges, my TBR will only be consisting of:


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling 

I'm really hoping to get through a decent chunk of this monster, and hopefully get it finished in early November so I can do my next reread/rewatch review with Brett! This one will be fulfilling Challenge #1 - Read a book that is bound to make you warm and happy (because, duh) , and Challenge #5 - Read a book that features your ethnic heritage. Like most white folks in the states, I have a lot of European heritage, and for my family it's mainly French and Scottish. My French heritage is featured through our girl Fleur Delacour, and My Scottish heritage is featured through the fact that Hogwarts is set in Scotland. BOOM.

Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol

It's been a while since I've read a graphic and this one fit the readathon theme/challenges perfectly! It also seems like it will be a lot of fun and the story will be right up my alley. I will be using this book to fulfill Challenge #2 - Read a book by candlelight and Challenge #4 - Read a book that has paranormal elements.

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn

This is the Read Your Face Off buddy read for October and I haven't gotten around to yet. #oops This will be my main priority during the readathon and I am excited to finally get to it because the folks in the book club are really seeming to like it! This book will fulfill Challenge #3 - Read a spooky horror/thriller novel and Challenge #6 - Buddy read a book.

This readathon also has a group book which I don't really plan on reading. I never tend to opt for group books during readathons for some reason? I don't know what it is. Because I'm not planning to read the group book, I won't be able to fulfill all 7 challenges (reading the group book is the final challenge), but my main focus for this readathon is to cram in some serious last minute reading this month. I am planning to vlog the week because we do have some fun things planned, so stay tuned for that to be posted next week! :)

Are you planning on participating in WitchAThon?

1 comment: