Friday, March 4, 2016

Montréal Bucket List

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm heading up to the Great White North tomorrow for ACPA 2016! We will have some free time this weekend to check the city out, and as I haven't been up to Montréal since I was in middle school (and we were really there for my sister's softball tournament anyway), I'm totally up for some tourist-ing while I'm there! Here's a quick list of what I hope to accomplish while I'm in Canada over the next couple of days!

Get welcomed by a talking beaver.

 
This is one of my favorite classic YouTube videos and I wish this was a thing that actually happened in Canada (though it totally seems like it could happen, right?). Such a friendly little beaver! Though I know, unfortunately, I won't be able to check this off the list, I wanted to include this on the list for laughs I highly encourage you to click play for a smile! (Make sure that your volume is turned on!) And don't worry - he does get rescued from the highway without injury!

Eat poutine.



This is kind of a no-brainer. I mean, did you even go to Canada if you don't eat Poutine? You can get this Canadian delicacy literally anywhere in country it seems, so I'm looking forward to getting a nice heaping plate of warm fries and gravy!


Visit Montréal en Lumière.




This is a cool winter night time festival that I stumbled upon while searching for things to do in my free time and it just so happens we'll be arriving in Montréal on the very last night! This will be a cool little re-acquaintance to the city packed with lights, shops, rides, entertainment, and (one of my favorite Canadian treats) maple syrup taffy! YUM.
 
Test out a Montréal-style bagel.
 

I didn't even realize this was a thing until Erin and Cullen pointed it out to me. Apparently in Montréal, bagels are prepared much differently than the New York style bagel that we north easterners are used to. Bagels are probably my favorite food, so of course I'm down for eating one of these bad boys every morning that I'm up there!

Get a Tim Horton's every day.


Speaking of breakfast, I totally need to get a Tim Horton's coffee every day while I'm in Montréal. I remember when I was in middle school and my family was in Montréal for my sister's softball tournaments, it was a morning ritual for all of the adults to grab some Tim Horton's before early games. Now that I'm a coffee drinker (#adultlife) I need to know what the hype is all about! I know Canadians love their Tim Horton's the way I love my Dunks, so I'm all in!

Take a stroll through Marché Jean-Talon.


Last, but not least, is the Marché Jean-Talon. I'm a big fan of large markets like this so I would love to check it out for some fresh fruits to bring back to the hotel room. Markets are also an awesome way to connect with the culture of the city a bit more which is what traveling is all about! I'm definitely hoping that we can squeeze this into our free time while we're up north!

Do you have any suggestions of things I can do while in Montréal?
Leave them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment