Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Providence Marathon Training Update #2

Woof. I've been dreading this blog post.

I'm going to be super honest with you guys. I've been absolutely sucking at training this time around. I don't know what it is, but I'm constantly making excuses for myself *not* to run. Between it being too cold, the roads being too dangerous from New England winter weather (which, if we're being honest here, hasn't really been that bad!), me getting sick (which I actually think is a good reason not to run), or being too tired or too busy.... I've been letting myself slide in my training, which is not okay at all. I really need to cut it out if I want to run another marathon.

I don't know if winter marathon training makes my running motivation completely MIA (I am one to seriously reduce my mileage in the winter time due to busy schedules and lack of sunlight), but winter training is what I've signed up for if I want to run a spring marathon. Perhaps it's the fact that I haven't officially registered that makes me think that I can skip out on runs and be fine because I still have the option to back out if I wanted (which I don't, but hey, the option's there). Whatever it might be, I need to get over it. I really need to give myself a kick in the pants so I can be properly prepared for Providence in May.

That all being said, I don't have much to update you all on in terms of training. I'm going to change that for my next update. I'm not going to say "I hope to change that" or "I'll try to change that" because that's just too lenient. I'm going to change that for my next update and be excited to write it for you all. My goal is 3 runs a week - one short, one mid, and one long. I'm going to hit that target and come back to you all with exciting running news and be pumped to share it with you all!

68 days 'til #RUNPVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment