Saturday, February 20, 2016

Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale!

Hello everyone! I'm currently writing to you from the patio of my Air BnB and, realizing that I missed my Thursday blog post due to having way too much fun in the sun at the beach (#sorrynotsorry), I thought I'd pop in to say hi! Here's what my current situation looks like:

The chair I'm currently typing to you from.
(Side note: it seems that southern Florida loves its Dunks as much as we do up north,
which is making my New England heart feel right at home!)


Booking this trip was kind of a spur of the moment decision a few weeks ago. I knew I wanted to get out of cold New England at some point in the winter, but I wasn't sure how I was going to accomplish it. Then the idea of south Florida came to mind. The main motivations for me to take this trip were:

1. I wanted to do something fun when I took my vacation time from work.
2. Brett was coming down here for work and I figured it would be perfect timing to take a sunny adventure while he was away and busy all day. Plus there was a small chance we would get to spend a little bit of time together which was a bonus!
3. My friend Rob's partner lives down here so it would be a perfect opportunity for him to join me and take a fun friend vacation!
4. The air fare for travel down here was $70. Can't really beat that.

So yes, Wednesday I packed up, met up with Rob, and we hopped on a red-eye down to FLL! It's been nearly perfect weather this entire trip (mostly sunny and mid-seventies!), the place I am staying is relatively close to the beach, has a beautiful outdoor patio (as you saw above) which I have been reading and writing out on every day, and (best of all) is completely private and to myself. I'm a big fan. I've mainly been focusing on relaxing, reading for pleasure, sleeping a bunch, and giving myself the opportunity to do the things I haven't been making time for back home. Plus, I've been able to spend a ton of time with Rob, made a new friend in his partner Michael, and I even got to go out to lunch with Brett today which was an extra special treat!

I haven't relaxed this hard in who knows how long, and I'm so appreciative that I've had the ability to do so and happy that I took the opportunity when I saw it! This is definitely the ultimate #treatyoself and just might have to become a tradition. :) I'll be giving more of a recap for you all next week, but for now I'm going to get back to my regularly scheduled relaxing! *insert palm tree and tropical drink emojis here*

No comments:

Post a Comment