Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Twenty-Three!


Saturday was my 23rd birthday! It was an action-packed day filled with friends, drinks, games, and laughs. Probably my best birthday yet, and I have all of my closest friends to thank for it! :)



Brett and I were relaxing and watching TV late Friday night, and as soon as the clock struck 12 he said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and pulled a surprise handful of candy bars from his pocket! So sweet (literally!) :)

I ended up waking up at 4:30 in the morning and could not for the life of me get back to sleep due to sore legs from my 11-miler from the day before. After an hour of attempting sleep, I decided to start my b-day particularly early by watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall, one of my favorite movies!

Once Brett woke up (at a normal hour) we got ready for the day and he took me out for birthday brunch at this delicious hole-in-the-wall diner in Millis called Bob's. Seriously, these places always have the best food! We both got Bob's Big Breakfasts (giant, delicious plates of every breakfast food you can imagine) and stuffed our faces before heading to our next stop on our world tour of Millis (:P), Brett's house!

Brett was so excited to give me his gifts when we got there that I barely had my shoes off before he came into the room with his arms full of purple and turquoise wrapped gifts! Both he and his mom gave me really sweet presents :)

From Joanne: a cute Coach key chain!
From Brett: A UA workout outfit, candy and THE STICK!!! (Something I've been drooling over forever!)
I love all of the gifts I received! Brett and I have been obsessed with The Stick since I unwrapped it, my apartment keys look so much more fashionable, and I'm stoked to wear my new outfit out on my next long run :) I'm such a lucky girl!

After checking the rest of my residents out from the building (it's finally summer vacation!) Louie, Nick, and Rob all came over with some friends in tow tow. We were originally planning on tailgating the Revs game, but unfortunately it was really windy and rainy, so we just invited everyone over to pre-game with some snacks and video games.


We were (of course!) in The Fort, singing and dancing in the rain while watching the game. Brett and I brought in bells and whistles to cheer/be super obnoxious with... ...Brett got his taken away, hahaha. The game was good, but I honestly just like being in The Fort better than watching the actual game. What can I say, I've never really enjoyed watching soccer, but the atmosphere is just too good to pass up!

After a trip to Wendy's to refuel by clogging our arteries (>_>), it was time to head back to Rob's for my b-day party! (Thanks for the party, Rob!) We had Beer Olympics with Legends of the Hidden Temple themed teams. Brett and I were the Blue Baracudas, obviously.


#prepared
We made it a requirement that everyone had to paint their faces if they wanted to participate. Best. Entry fee. Ever.






Arguing over the score, haha
Toward the end of the night, one of my favorite students who graduated stopped by the party to say goodbye before flying home to Hong Kong. I'm going to miss you, Ivan!!




Understandably, I was tuckered out by the end of the night. It was such a marathon of a day that I'm surprised I didn't knock out before I did (3AM - almost 24 straight hours!). I had such a wonderfully fun birthday, though, and I feel so lucky to have so many great people that wanted to spend it with me! Thank you to those who made my 23rd birthday so great. You all are incredible people! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment