Wednesday, January 27, 2021

#Sub5orBust: Milwaukee Marathon Week 4 & 5 Training (January 11 - January 24, 2021)

Disclaimer: I received an entry into the Milwaukee Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

The last two weeks blogging has really been put on the back burner - sorry about that! Once I got back to work on the 11th I went right back to full steam ahead with my job and creating content has been the last thing on my to-do list. However, I've still been training away for Milwaukee! Also in exciting news, I've officially booked my flight AND my Air BnB, so the trip to Wisconsin is feeling more real every day! My fingers and toes are still crossed and will be crossed until I toe the starting line on April 10th. You can never be too sure these days, I guess! 😂


Week 4 I really started to feel the fatigue of training, as I always do. I always struggle when it comes to eating enough while I'm training, so I'm just tired a lot. Add on these gloomy winter days and finding the motivation to not hibernate is my biggest challenge. I went into this week wanting to continue to incorporate my training since my mileage was fairly low, but honestly I let my tiredness get the best of me and I ended up skipping all of my strength work outs. 😑 I'm really happy that I still hit my mileage, though!

Week 4: January 11, 2021 - January 17, 2021

Monday, 1/11 → Rest
Tuesday, 1/12 → 6.12 mile run @ 10:23/mile
Wednesday, 1/13 → Rest
Thursday, 1/14 → 5.13 mile run @ 10:36/mile
Friday, 1/15 → Rest
Saturday, 1/16 → 3.1 mile run @ 9:46/mile  + 1.09 mile walk
Sunday, 1/3 → 7 mile run @ 10:05/mile

Total weekly running mileage: 21.35


Last week was FRIGID. Guys... I hate the winter so much. 😂 Honestly getting out the door on days that had a real feel of 16 degrees (Saturday) and 11 degrees (Sunday) was next to impossible. BUT I DID IT. And I can't wait until the world finally warms back up. This weather is TERRIBLE. 😖 I'm hoping for a beautiful spring day in Milwaukee in April. Maybe if I envision it hard enough it will come true? ðŸ¤ž

Week 5: January 18, 2021 - January 24, 2021

Monday, 1/18 → Rest
Tuesday, 1/19 → .75 mile walk + 2.11 mile walk
Wednesday, 1/20 → 5.07 mile run @ 10:19/mile
Thursday, 1/21 → Rest
Friday, 1/22 → 5.12 mile run @ 10:46/mile
Saturday, 1/23 → 3.01 mile run @ 9:46/mile + strength
Sunday, 1/24 → 12.01 mile run @ 10:09/mile

Total weekly running mileage: 25.21


The weather for week 6 isn't going to be much better than the last two weeks, but I am just telling myself that running in these conditions will make me a better runner when it comes to race day. I'm not sure how true that actually is, buuuut we can dream! Including this week, we only have 11 more weeks of training to go before race day. Are longest mileage weeks are all ahead of us, but these are the weeks where I can really see what my body can do and start to mentally prepare for that 26.2 mile haul. My goal for this week is to complete my 2 days of strength training and stretch, stretch, stretch. I'm definitely feeling the tenderness in my legs and need to be better at recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment