Sunday, January 17, 2021

I'M IN!!!: IMT Des Moines Marathon ๐ŸŒฝ

Disclaimer: I received an entry into the IMT Des Moines Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!



In case you missed the announcement over on my Instagram, I am *officially* registered for the IMT Des Moines Marathon!!! I'm headed to the mid-west this October to run this race as a part of Team BibRave and I can't wait to join in on the fun! This is a race that I've been eyeing for Iowa as part of my 50 Marathons in 50 States challenge, so I am thrilled to have the opportunity to run this race in 2021! Additionally, the IMT Des Moines Marathon is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2021, so I'm sure that it's going to be even more fun than I can imagine! ๐ŸŽ‰

In 2021, the race organizers are offering both an in-person and virtual option so that runners can decide what they're most comfortable with. Of course, we can't know what the world will look like in October, so I really appreciate how thoughtful they are being to accommodate everyone who is interested in running their race. I'm personally going to go for the in-person race - you know I'm dying to get across another in-person marathon finish line! I'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed that this race can actually happen!


The route is something that I'm ultra excited about. It looks like there are very few parts of this course where any of the runners will be by themselves. There are so many out-and-back sections where I'll be able to see other runners, which always keeps me in good spirits! The hills during the first 2/3 of the race will definitely be a challenge, but I'm happy that the last few miles are fairly flat. This seems like it's going to be an excellent run with so much to look at!



In addition to running the IMT Des Moines Marathon, I'll *also* be taking on the I-35 Challenge! This means that during that weekend I'll be running the Garmin Kansas City Marathon on Saturday, and the IMT Des Moines Marathon on Sunday. This will be a HUGE undertaking but a challenge that I am excited to take on. This will be my first ever double marathon weekend, so this summer training is going to be SO critical. It will be so tough, but I think I can do it. Fingers crossed for me, y'all! ๐Ÿคž

Did you know that the IMT Des Moines Marathon is one of the BibRave 100's Best Races of the Decade? To celebrate, they're running special prices for all of their races through January 24th! Make sure you head over to desmoinesmarathon.com to register before the 24th to get the best possible price! ๐Ÿงก

No comments:

Post a Comment