Monday, January 11, 2021

#Sub5orBust: Milwaukee Marathon Week 2 & 3 Training (December 28, 2020 - January 10, 2021)

Disclaimer: I received an entry into the Milwaukee Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


Hi folks! I'm back with another #Sub5orBust training update. I was planning on sharing my training for week 2 last Wednesday, but then, ya know, a coup attempt at the US Capitol happened and it just didn't feel exactly right to talk about my training then. πŸ™ƒ So I decided to combine weeks 2 and 3 in this update so you can see how training is going all in one spot!

Week 2: December 28, 2020 - January 3, 2021

Monday, 12/28 → Rest
Tuesday, 12/29 → 4.21 mile run @ 10:11/mile + 2.2 mile walk
Wednesday, 12/30 → 6.5 mile run @ 10:07/mile + 0.7 mile walk
Thursday, 12/31 → 3.02 mile run @ 10:15/mile
Friday, 1/1 → Rest
Saturday, 1/2 → 1.14 mile walk
Sunday, 1/3 → 8.12 mile run @ 10:00/mile

Total weekly running mileage: 22.99

During week 2 I was still concentrating on finishing my #RunMA Challenge miles, so the beginning of the week was kind of all over the place with my distances. If you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I was able to complete the challenge, and I'll share my thoughts in a separate blog post in a few days. Once I finished the challenge, I wanted to give myself a little break from running, so I took a rest day on Friday and Saturday before hopping into my official training plan on Sunday with an 8 mile long run. It feels good to have a bit of the pressure to run taken off, and to get to enjoy some rest days again!


Week 3: January 4, 2021 - January 10, 2021

Monday, 1/4 → Rest
Tuesday, 1/5 → 5.03 mile run @ 9:50/mile + 1.52 mile walk
Wednesday, 1/6 → 1.01 mile walk
Thursday, 1/7 → 5.09 mile run @ 9:41/mile + Phase 1 lift
Friday, 1/8 → Rest
Saturday, 1/9 → 3.03 mile run @ 9:47/mile + Phase 1 lift
Sunday, 1/10 → 10.02 mile run @ 10:03/mile

Total weekly running mileage: 23.17

First full week *officially* on the training plan! I think this week's runs went really well, despite my absolute dread of going out and running in the cold. πŸ˜© It was CHILLY last week and I just can't wait for these cold months to be over with. Unfortunately I'll have to be training in this weather for the majority of this cycle, so I just have to suck it up. πŸ’€ I also started incorporating my strength training this week, which has felt good! Brett has been helping me out a lot with combining the strength training plan from Runner's World and giving some of his own recommendations as his amazing personal trainer self. (One of the many many reasons that I'm lucky to have him around!) Everything seems to be clicking right now, which I am of course super happy about!

Shout out to my four-legged running buddy, who helped me on many of these runs!

This week will be a lower mileage with a 6, 5, 5k, and 7 on the calendar. I'll probably work with Brett to make the lifting a little more challenging this week and take advantage of the down time to rest and stretch. Pretty soon mileage will start to spike and I gotta savor these days while I can! πŸ˜‚

🧑Don't forget! You can save 10% on your Milwaukee Marathon registration (any distance!) by using code "BR10" at check out! Head over to runmilwaukee.com to register today!🧑

No comments:

Post a Comment