Monday, July 22, 2019

Newport Marathon Training - Week 4 // July 15-21

July 15 - Day 22
Rest day!

July 16 - Day 23
Workout: 6 miles - 1mi jog, then 4mi at half marathon pace (40 minutes), then 1mi jog
Actual: 6.15 miles @ 1:15:00

I think my body was way too exhausted from my half on Sunday to keep up with the demands of this workout. That combined with a short night of sleep (and tbh, a cranky attitude), made the 4mi at half marathon pace feel impossible. I was able to run the 1mi jog at 15:00/mi, mile 2 at the perscribed 10:00/mi pace, mile 3 at 11:00/mi, then just finished up the workout (3 miles) at a 12:00/mi pace, concluding with a .15 cool down walk. My legs felt like lead, my eyes didn't want to stay open, and my negativity took over my brain during this workout and it showed. It's okay, though. I know there's going to be bad workouts during this cycle and this just happened to be one of them!

July 17 - Day 24
Rest day!

July 18 - Day 25
Workout: 5 miles easy - 11:30 pace, 54 minutes
Actual: 5.22 mi @ 1:02:00 (5mi at 56:50, .22mi cool down walk)

This run felt significantly better than my Tuesday run, so I'm definitely thinking my body was just exhausted earlier in the week! Nothing too special happened during this run, but I did notice my step count was abnormally high for the time of day I was running (you know... 6AM). Turns out I left my watch on the same table as a fan over night and apparently it counted the vibrations from the fan as steps. ðŸ˜‚ Nearly 20k steps before 8AM, not bad!!!

Please note the time of day that this screenshot was taken ðŸ˜‚

July 19 - Day 26
Rest day!

July 20 - Day 27
Workout: 3 miles - 35 minutes
Actual: Nothing :(

Missed this workout to us having a heat index of 112 degrees and not having access to my car to run indoors. WOOF. Whatevs... I needed the rest. ðŸ˜‚

July 21 - Day 28
Workout: 7 mile run/walk - In approximately 1:18, first 2 miles easy at 23 minutes, last 5 miles at marathon pace in 55 minutes
Actual: 7.17 mi @ 1:19:53 (7mi at 10:56 pace, .17 cool down walk)

Was able to get my butt to the gym this day! There's just no way to run outdoors at the moment so the treadmill is my home. The run felt really great and went at a fast pace than was planned. I got really into watching the episodes of Love Island while running and the miles flew by! I swear, trash reality TV is the best distraction when you're trapped on the treadmill. ðŸ˜‚

Week 4 Thoughts

It's getting SO HOT outside, making it fairly unbearable to run outdoors. I have a feeling most of my training will be taking place on my best friend the treadmill. I guess as long as I'm sprinkling in outdoor runs when I'm able to it should be okay! I can't believe I'm already 4 weeks into this training. A quarter of the way to race day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment