Wednesday, July 24, 2019

August 2019 Reading Plans (feat. N.E.W.T.s and another round of Book of the Month Month!)


August (and the end of summer ๐Ÿ˜ญ) is right around the corner and I want to make the most of my reading while I still have time in my schedule before students return to campus for the year! This month I will be participating in the N.E.W.T.s magical readathon (and honestly, if you haven't heard of this readathon yet, where have you been?) as well as taking on another round of my Book of the Month Month project. I wanted to share with you the books that I'm hoping to read over the course of the next month and hopefully squeeze as much summer reading in as possible while it lasts.


As a referesher, I was able to complete all 5 of my O.W.L.s back in April, which honestly I was pretty shocked by considering how stinkin' busy I was all month. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I will need to pass at least 3 N.E.W.T.s to become a Wandmaker, all to varying grades. I will need to achieve an O in Herbology (3 books), an E in Care of Magical Creatures (2 books), and an A in Charms (1 book), totaling in 6 different books I will need to complete over the course of the month which is very achievable! All of my books (except one - the audiobook!) will be Book of the Month books as well, so sticking with that theme!




Charms
(need "Acceptable")

Acceptable: Read a book that you think has a gorgeous cover
Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Care of Magical Creatures
(need "Exceeded Expectations")

Acceptable: Follow the spiders! Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies? Read a book with a title that starts with "A" for Aragog!
The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker

Exceeded Expectations: A book under 300 pages
#fashionvictim by Amina Akhtar

Herbology
(need "Outstanding")

Acceptable: Mandrake! Quick, put your headphones on! Listen to an audiobook.
Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

Exceeded Expectations: Read a book betweek 350-390 pages
Miracle Creek by Angie Kim

Outstanding: Read a book with a flower on the cover
This Time Will Be Different by Misa Sugiura

I do have an additional vacation built in to the month of August where I don't have ANY plans whatsoever, so I'm assuming I'll be able to complete my N.E.W.T.s fairly quickly. If that is the case, I'll need an additional stack of BOTM books to read through (which, let's be real... that is not an issue at all *stares at my 30 unread BOTM books*). I've pulled a pile of BOTM titles off my shelf that I'm thinking will be ones that I'll really enjoy. There's a variety of genres in this bunch and I tried to select books from a range of when I received them (oh whattup, 2017 titles?). Hopefully I'll find a few 2019 faves in this bunch like I did during my last BOTM month!

Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
The Last Equation of Isaac Severy by Nova Jacobs
The Oracle Year by Charles Soule
Still Lives by Maria Hummel
The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory
Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Lot by Bryan Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment