Saturday, November 2, 2019

#Sub5orBust: Week 2 Training Update (October 27 - November 2, 2019)


Sunday, 10/27 → Rest (Brett's birthday!)
Monday, 10/28 → Rest
Tuesday, 10/29 → 4 mile run (treadmill)
Wednesday, 10/30 → 5 mile run (with Cassie & Abby!) + phase 1 lift + stretch + volleyball match (I basically worked out from the moment I left work til the moment I went to sleep on this day haha)
Thursday, 10/31 → Rest
Friday, 11/1 → 3 mile incline (treadmill) + phase 1 lift + stretch
Saturday, 11/2 →  8 mile run

Training this week went great! I will say my motivation dipped a bit, especially for my Friday workout. The last thing I wanted to do after work last night was go to the gym and get my workout in. I was tired and so sore from my workouts earlier in the week, so all I wanted to do was go home and curl up with Brett and some Gilmore Girls reruns. Buuuut I sucked it up and put in the work, ended up having a pretty good time, and felt proud of myself for sticking to the plan! Envisioning a potential PR in New Orleans has really been pushing me so far and I hope I can keep that goal in my mind throughout the duration of this cycle.


Wednesday I had two training partners join me for 5 miles - Cassie and her pup Abby! It was rainy, hilly, and sunlight left us fairly quickly after work, but we felt really good through all 5 miles which was really motivating. Plus Abby kept up with us the whole time! She's working on learning to behave on a leash but Cassie has this awesome running leash that is connected around her waist so it's easier to manage if Abby tries to dart away. It was great getting to run with them - it's always much more fun when you have buddies to run with!


Because I'll be volunteering at a race tomorrow morning, I decided to do my long run today. For some reason I always get a little nervous before any long run, but I was super surprised at how well I ran today! I think my strength training is already starting to pay off. I ran faster than I have in a looooong time today and wound up having a sub-10 minute average pace over the course of 8 miles. I'm honestly not sure the last time I was able to do that! 

The second half of the run was quite uncomfortable, but I'm trying to get myself comfortable with being uncomfortable again. I feel like my mental game needs *a lot* of work and if I'm gonna hit a sub-5 marathon, I'm going to have runs that are going to feel uncomfortable. I NEED to have runs that will feel uncomfortable, so I can be mentally tough when my race gets uncomfortable! Here are my stats from today's run:


How did your training go this week? 🏃‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment