Thursday, October 31, 2019

"Are you Janet?! I LOVE YOUUUUU!" 🌵


Happy Halloween! We did most of our Halloween celebrations in tandem with Brett's birthday celebrations last weekend, so today will just be a regular kinda day, but I did get a spider donut from Dunkin' this morning to celebrate.


I got to spend quite a lot of time with Miss Abby on Friday morning. Brett and I commuted in to work together since we were headed into the city together that evening, but since he starts before I do I had some time to kill when getting to campus. Cassie had a class at Orange Theory so I kept her pup company while I waited to head in to work.


As one of Brett's gifts, I got us tickets to the Celtics home opener against the Raptors! I'm really indifferent when it comes to basketball, but Brett loves it so I knew he would be pumped. We headed right in to the city after work and grabbed a couple drinks nearby the Garden before the game.




I've never been to the home opener of a professional sports team before so it was so cool to feel the energy of the crowd! We were up in the nosebleeds (as you do when you're not a billionaire) but it was still a great time. We got light up wristbands with our seats (which you can see in this Instapost!), found the world's LARGEST Trulys, and the Celtics pulled out the W especially for Brett's birthday. 😉



We picked up our pals Erin and Cullen at the airport after the game as they were spending the weekend with us. It was a bit late to do anything exciting when they arrived, but we got to spend all of Saturday and Sunday with them. Saturday morning we spent lounging on the couch and playing Untitled Goose Game. Everyone helped me beat the game and we had a great time because the game is super entertaining! We now all want this shirt:


We also taught Erin and Cullen to play Super Smash Bros and got ready for our Halloween bar crawl in the city! Brett and Cullen went as Ash Katchum and Pikachu, while Erin and I went as Janet and Bad Janet from The Good Place. Brett and Cullen were obviously way more recognizable, but I loved all of our costumes. We had a blast roaming around Boston, and even got to meet up with some of his friends and family as a bonus!



 Hi there 🌵

Getting on the train to The Bad Place!






While the bar crawl was super fun, I think the funniest part of the night was waiting for our train back home. Erin was getting fed up with her Bad Janet wig so she took it off and we all decided to pass it around and take turns wearing it. We were all laughing so hard, I'm sure everyone around us thought we were psychopaths. 😂 Here's the photos I snapped on my phone, but Erin also got a few good ones over on her Instagram that make me crack up every time I look at them.








Good Janet has defeated Bad Janet 😂

We spent Sunday (Brett's actual birthday!) sleeping in, grabbing breakfast, and spending time with his family at home while watching the Patriots game. The whole weekend flew right by and I wish we had more time to spend with our pals Erin and Cullen, but we definitely made so many memories that we will look back on and smile for years to come. We will be seeing them again in February for the New Orleans marathon and I'm sure we'll have a blast down there as well!


👻 I hope everyone has a fantastic Halloween today! 🎃
Do you have a costume this year? If so, what are you dressing up as? If not, what is your favorite Halloween tradition!

1 comment: