Friday, October 18, 2019

Friday Reads {10.18.19}


It's been a crazy, action-packed week! I ran the Newport Marathon on Sunday (more on that to come!), I started my indoor volleyball league on Wednesday, and work has been just non-stop (as it has been this entire year for some reason - no such thing as a slow part of the year anymore!). This weekend is looking like I have NO PLANS for the first weekend in what feels like ages, so I'm totally going to take advantage and get caught up on my reading. I'm currently in the middle of 3 spooky-ish, Halloween-y books which I'm hoping to focus on this weekend, and perhaps I can finish a couple as well. Here's what I plan on reading:

A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay (Kindle) - I started this book when I couldn't sleep a few weeks ago and I'm not too far in, but I'm honestly enjoying it so far! I feel like Paul Tremblay is a hit or miss author for a lot of folks and I have never read a book of his, but I'm personally really liking his writing style. I'm looking forward to continuing!

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero (Physical) - I started this one back in October 2018 and put it down 54 pages in for some reason. I picked it back up before work this morning and I'm really confused why I wasn't feeling it at the time of reading it the first time? The banter is witty and right up my alley, so I'm excited to continue it this weekend. If I finish anything this weekend, I'm hoping I'm able to finish this one so I can finally take it off my Currently Reading shelf.

The Past and Other Things That Should Stay Buried by Shaun David Hutchinson (Audio) - This one is the newest addition to my Currently Reading shelf as I started listening to it as I was getting myself ready for work this morning. I figured having a nice light-hearted YA zombie novel would be a good way to break up the other two novels I have in progress as well, and to have a way to read when I'm doing other things throughout the weekend.

Other things I'd like to accomplish this weekend:

-Gym on Saturday & Sunday
-Clean out my car (it is a disaster zone after the marathon!)
-Write my Newport Marathon review
-Get the house clean for next weekend (we have visitors coming to town!)
-Bake a fall treat

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment