Monday, October 21, 2019

Tentative 2020 Race Season Schedule

With the completion of the Newport Marathon last weekend, all of the major races that I had on my calendar this year are behind me and I'm now looking forward to taking 2020 by storm. I have a lot of fitness goals for myself and I do want to become a better runner, and nothing motivates me more than having a packed schedule of races to prepare for. I'm calling this my ~tentative~ 2020 race season schedule because things come up and you never know what might happen, and by no means is this an exhaustive list of every race I will run (local races are bound to pop up here and there!), but for now these are the races that I am hoping to focus on in 2020.



Rock n' Roll New Orleans Marathon
February 9, 2020 - New Orleans, LA

I decided that for 2020 I was going to invest in a Rock n' Roll Marathon Series Tour Pass, which is a program where you pay a flat fee and are able to register for multiple races (there's an option of a 3-pack, 10-pack, or unlimited races). I decided to go for the 3-pack as quite a few of the races I would like to run for my 50 states challenge are Rock n' Roll races, and I felt like I could financially swing 3 in 2020. Our first stop on the ~tour~ will be New Orleans, Louisiana! I've been to NOLA for a really fun 24 hours with my family back in 2015, but I've always wanted to go back with friends, so Erin, Cullen, and Brett (the original #CheerSquad) are all joining me for this race (to spectate, not run haha)! I'm excited for some great live music, beignets, and since the course is super flat, perhaps a shiny new PR? 😏



Disney Princess Fairy Tale Challenge
Enchanted 10k & Princess Half Marathon
February 22-23, 2020 - Orlando, FL

The Disney Princess Half Marathon has been on my running bucket list for YEARS and in 2020 I'm finally going to run it! Cassie and I are going to be taking on the Fairy Tale Challenge together, which is the Enchanted 10k on Saturday and the Princess Half Marathon on Sunday. My mom will be joining us for the 10k as well! We'll, of course, be running in costume (it's basically a requirement for RunDisney events) and I can't wait to show you who we decide to be for each race! I'm not planning to PR on either of these events because my main goal is to have fun, take pictures, and meet characters throughout the race. Disney also just revealed the medals for the Fairy Tale Challenge and I am PUMPED!




In March I will be heading out to the West Coast to run my California race - the Los Angeles Marathon! I thought this would be the perfect California race because Brett has a bunch of family in the area so it's an extra excuse to go out and see them. It's also right around Spring Break at my job so work will (hopefully) be super slow and easy to step away from for a few days. I'm excited to be a part of such a MASSIVE race (a quick Google will tell you there's around 21,000 people that run this race) and to have family around to celebrate!



Los Angeles Marathon
March 8, 2020 - Los Angeles, CA

The next stop in my Rock n' Roll Marathon tour will be Seattle in June! Seattle has always been a city that I've wanted to visit anyway, so I knew that this was the race that I wanted to run for Washington. I've been told that hills on this race are pretty killer, so I'll need to keep that in mind when I'm training between March and June. Either way, I'm sure this is going to be a super fun city to run through and to visit after the race! Cassie will be joining me in Seattle for her 50 states challenge and she has a friend that we'll be staying with, so I'm sure that's going to be an extra layer to the awesomeness of this trip!



Rock n' Roll Seattle Marathon
June 7, 2020 - Seattle, WA

This year is the year that I'm going to be putting my name in for the Chicago Marathon lottery! Today is actually the day to submit your name, so I'm anxious to hear if I'm in or not. I know a lot of folks are in the same boat as me (non-guaranteed entry life) but it's an awesome opportunity to potentially be able to run a World Major marathon in 2020. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



Chicago Marathon
October 11, 2020 - Chicago, IL

If I don't get into Chicago, I'd like to attempt a DOUBLE, which is when you run a marathon in one state on one day, and then a second marathon in a different state on the next day. Crazy? Yes. A smart way to save money and knock out two states in one trip? Also yes. I'm looking at the following double if I don't get into Chicago:



Baltimore Running Festival Marathon
October 17, 2020 - Baltimore, MD




Atlantic City Marathon
October 18, 2020 - Atlantic City, NJ

And the final stop on my Rock n' Roll Marathon tour for 2020 will be Las Vegas. I've always wanted to run this race because it just sounds SO COOL. Running down the Vegas strip at night? The only event that Las Vegas will shut down the strip for? How awesome is that?! I think this race will be the perfect way to cap off the Rock n' Roll Marathon tour and very likely, my year of marathon-ing.


Rock n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon
November 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

What races are you hoping to run in 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment