Thursday, November 9, 2017

#ContemporaryAThon TBR!


GUYS! I'm so excited for this readathon! A few weeks back, Chelsea and Julie announced the ContemporaryAThon which, pretty obviously, is a readathon that encourages you to read exclusively contemporaries for a week. I am ALL ABOUT THIS! Contemporaries are usually so much fun to fly through and such feel-good reads and honestly, that's what I need in my reading life right now. I am so excited! :D The readathon will be 7 days (November 13-19, 2017) and Chelsea and Julie are encouraging folks to just have a low-key fun time, which I'm totally here for.

Keep reading to see what I'll be reading for this readathon and click play on the video above to learn a bit more about the books I picked! :)

The most recent contemporary book that you purchased/acquired
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

An adult contemporary
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

A contemporary with characters on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera

A romance that is 5 years old or older
This is the only challenge I didn't have a book I could read on my shelf! It's okay, though. 
Romance doesn't tend to be my favorite genre, anyway.

A contemporary that is not set in summer
How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran

A dark/taboo contemporary
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Buddy read a contemporary
I will be buddy reading both Little Fires Everywhere and Dark Matter with Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment