Friday, May 22, 2015

Catching Up on the Last 5 Weeks! (Part 2)

And thus began the most exciting week and a half of my life to date!

Thursday, May 7

Thursday was my first *official* day off (save for a night of duty) in who knows how long, so I definitely enjoyed it! My CAs and I went out to FroYo as an end of the year celebration, which of course was delicious, and I even got my commencement tickets in the mail! It was a great way to spend a day off and unwind from the stress of the semester.



Friday, May 8

I had another day off on Friday and because it was such a gorgeous day, I opened the windows to my apartment to let some air in. I may or may not have forgotten that the Dean commencement was taking place on my front lawn this year, but instantly remembered as the noise of sound check came through my windows. I got a sneak preview of all the musical performances though, which was a nice background to cleaning!


Friday I also got the chance to see Meredith, who I hadn't seen since the winter! It was great to catch up with her a bit. We met up with one of our favorite graduates, Cassie, and went out for celebratory margaritas to toast her accomplishments, joined with many other friends!

Saturday, May 9

Saturday morning was Dean's commencement! Of course I needed to be there for many of my CAs, but I also wanted to be there for two students that I've worked with for the past three years (since I started as a professional!), Liz and Cassie! It was so great to be there when they crossed the stage, and I can't wait to see where they go off to next!


After commencement and closing all of my buildings like a maniac, I got ready at the speed of light for formal event #2 of that day, Brett's cousin Angela's wedding! I got there right in time for the lovely couple to exchange vows and enjoy the end of the ceremony. It was a beautiful event and I was so happy I made it on time to at least see some of it (I thought I would miss it all because of closing!). Afterwards we went to the reception, ate so much wonderful food, and danced the night away. It was such a fun night with Brett's family! :)

The Foster Crew


~so official~

Sophia and Danny high-fiving!

Aftah pahty! :)

Monday, May 11

Monday was my birthday! A whopping quarter-century for me. Brett surprised me at midnight with a gift (he loves doing that on my birthday!) of exactly what I asked for - a cooler for us to tote around for the summer. We are always scrounging for coolers in the summer so I'm super pumped that we won't have to be doing that this year! He also got me a couple of Starburst scented candles... YUM! Perfect for my future new apartment! Thanks love! <3


Another wonderful gift that I received on my birthday was MY LAST NIGHT OF GRAD SCHOOL CLASSES EVERRRRRR! I presented one final group project and then all of the Student Affairs grads got together (FINALLY) for drinks to celebrate! It was so much fun to hang out with everyone outside of class, share a few drinks, and make some final memories before leaving. I only wish that we had done that way more during my time in the program, but hopefully they continue the tradition moving forward!


When I came home, Brett had an Oreo ice cream cake waiting for me for one final birthday hurrah! So delicious. It was a wonderful way to end my birthday. I love birthdays, and I definitely feel like I rang in 25 the right way thanks to the wonderful people in my life!



Tuesday, May 12

Tuesday I had a follow up meeting with...


Mount Holyoke College! This is the college I had visited during the #SAroadtrip a week and a half ago, and I had actually received a job offer on Thursday! This meeting was to meet with the Dean of Students and with the Office of Student Programs one last time, and I officially accepted the position after that! I will be the Student Event and Special Programs Coordinator at MHC starting in July and I cannot wait to be an #SApro! I will be writing a post next week reflecting on my #SAsearch experience, so stay tuned for that! :)

Wednesday, May 13

Ending my week of excitement was, of course, my own commencement! Brett and I ventured out to Bridgewater and spent the day wrapping things up in OSIL at my assistantship, saying some goodbyes and some thank yous, showing my family around the BSU campus (including taking them to Marylou's, of course!) and you know, casually graduating with my Master's degree. *hair flip* I'm going to do a photo post of all of my graduation pictures (Brittany and I did a full-blown photo shoot around campus) as well as a video, but for now here's some snaps from the day! :)

Brittany and I took a secret field trip!

Before processing! We were separated was we were waiting to march...

...but she was seated right behind me once we got into the auditorium! #score

A little goodbye message from the GAs :'(

The GORGEOUS flowers from my family and Maribeth! <3

Weekend of Celebration!

Brett, our families, and I celebrated all weekend long! We headed up to New Hampshire on Thursday to spend time with my fam and the pups, and Saturday we went out to dinner at the new hibachi restaurant at Patriot's Place with the whole Fickett/Angel/Hill/Foster crew! It was a whirlwind of celebration, so I'll just let these photos describe the weekend! 

The only appropriate shirt to wear the day after commencement.

Bought myself a birthday/graduation/new job present! The A5 Filofax Saffiano in Pear... *heart eyes Emoji*

Playing video games & relaxing!

One of my graduation gifts! Beers decked out in academic regalia! XD


My mom & sister's handiwork! :) It half looks like I graduated, half looks like I'm turning 15... haha!


Patchwork cake!

This is what adults do in the morning... drink coffee and play Pokemon.

Nature walk!

Out to hibachi!

Danny was psyched for his birthday present from Uncle Brett!

Walking around Pat's Place... clearly had to take a selfie!

I don't think I'll have a week that out-excites this one, but I'm okay with it, haha!  It'll be good for things to settle back down into a routine, as I'm still recovering from all the activity.  I think it's pretty needless to say I was exhausted after this week and a half of excitement, but it was packed full of memories that I'll always look back and smile on!

Hope you're all having a fantastic week! 
Can't wait to get back into the swing of posting regularly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment