Friday, March 27, 2015

The End of Everything!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to take a quick moment to give you a little bit of a life update. I usually have a pretty good idea of what I want to write on this blog before I sit down to write, but today I just feel like I need to just empty my brain. There is so much going on in my life, and rightfully so because I'M GRADUATING IN 47 DAYS. (But who's counting?) I thought I'd give you a little peek into what's in the very front of my mind as of late, and will probably be until I cross the stage on May 13th!

1. The #SAsearch is in high gear right now! My fellow GA Brittany (who is also job searching) and I talk about it pretty much every day and have been each other's support crew/cheerleaders which is really nice to have at this point in life. I've applied to several places and have had a couple interviews (which OHMYGODISSONERVEWRACKING) but I know that this process in the Higher Ed world is a whole lot of hurry up and wait so I'm staying positive and trusting that eventually something will work itself out. I'll, of course, update you all when it eventually does and I accept my first professional position!

#selfieswithBristacoforever

2. I'm wrapping things up at my Bridgewater assistantship and my internship with Clark over the next few weeks and it's so sad! April is NEXT WEEK, meaning there is programming every week between now and the end of the academic year, which also means time is going to fly. I'm going to be putting on my last major week of events with PC, I'm going to be giving support to all the offices I work with in their end-of-year activities, and worst of all, I'm eventually going to be saying goodbye to the students and colleagues that have been part of my life for the last two years. SO HEARTBREAKING! I'm very lucky that I've had such positive experiences that leaving them is difficult, but GOD does it suck! </3


3. THERE IS STILL SO MUCH HOMEWORK TO BE DONE, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am definitely feeling the graduate school version of senioritis and homework is honestly the last thing I want to be concentrating on right now with everything else that's going on in my life. But today, I somehow miraculously fit all of the assignments that I have standing between me and my Master's degree on one single sheet of Filofax paper which is un. real. It's so crazy to be this close to having my Master's when not too long ago I had absolutely zero intention of ever pursuing it. It kind of doesn't feel real!
The FINAL list!

So as you can see, my life offline is consuming my whole attention and will likely be doing so until graduate school is over. It's only a short 6 and a half weeks away, (but again, who's counting?) but apologies if my little corner of the internet gets neglected. I'm going to make an effort to post at least once a week until the summer rolls around, (I still have so many photos and videos to share with you from my trip, as well as a ton of other fun posts that I've been meaning to write!) but if that somehow gets away from me as well, know that it is for a good reason! In the mean time, make sure you're following my Twitter and Instagram as I've been keeping those fairly up-to-date during this crazy time!

 I hope you're all doing fantastic, and I will be writing very soon!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment