Tuesday, November 18, 2014

25 Before 25: Finish a Painting (#16)

HELLO! I haven't forgotten about this list! 

I know it's been a while since I've posted about or accomplished any of these goals, but it's often in the back of my mind that I definitely need to step up my game in the 25 Before 25 department. But I've recently been able to cross out another item on my list - 16. Finish a painting.

*The photo is making the colors look a bit different than what they look like in person.

I did the bulk of this painting in August/September when I was going through a bit of a stressful point in the transition back into classes/internship/etc. and just needed a creative outlet, and I just put on the finishing touches yesterday evening. It felt so good to pick up a brush again, something I haven't really done since probably my junior year of college. I'm actually pretty impressed with myself to just pick up a brush and experiment, and I actually think the final product looks really cool.



Most of all, I just really enjoyed getting back to painting. I remember in high school I would just sit in my room or out on our deck and just paint. I missed the mixing of colors, the smell of the paint, getting paint all over my hands and clothes, and the feeling I get when something comes out just so unexpectedly awesome. The cool thing about painting is that you can't really control it. You can guide it along but it ultimately comes out the way it wants to. I know I sound pretty hipster and lame right now, but the experience I have when I paint just puts my perfectionist tendencies in check and I really enjoy being able to do that from time to time.


I really want to continue painting more regularly, and although I may not have all the time or energy in the world to do so at the moment, I would love to start creating pieces for friends, family, and colleagues who might want an extra piece of art in their homes or offices. Because I don't have a ton of money at the moment to purchase supplies for this endeavor, I would probably charge a small fee to do so (likely from $5-$30, depending on what you'd like), but my ultimate goal is to experience the joy that painting brings me while also creating a piece you'd love to have in your home. If you'd like me to paint something for you, please reach out to me so we can make my goal of painting more frequently and your goal of a new piece of art in your possession a reality! [/salespitch]

*I'm attempting to reach 25 goals before I reach the age of 25! Want to see the whole list? Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment