Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lobster. Traffic. Must be the Cape. (25 Before 25 - #9)


Brett and I were invited down to our friend Ashley's Cape house this week! 

We packed up the car and headed down Sunday and got there right around lunch time. Ashley, Andy, Grazia, and Dre were all there just starting their day with some brunch! Grazia made us some delicious coffee drinks and there were snacks everywhere! (I mean, they had a whole candy corner. Talk about dangerous!) It wasn't the best day for weather, but we enjoyed ourselves by watching Rocky I & II on TV, playing Kan Jam in the back yard, eating an awesome BBQ dinner, and indulging in a few board games. 

Monday was another gross weather day, but more friends - Jenny, Gina, and Mike - came to join us! We did more Kan Jamming, more eating, more drinking, and more being merry-ing. There was a dinner of delicious steaks, marinated chicken and roasted vegetables, and amazing trifle dessert. Just thinking of it makes me so hungry!

We finally had a beautiful beach day on Tuesday. I got up before everyone else for a run (and so I can look at all of the gorgeous Cape houses in the area!) and I returned everyone else was just starting to wake up and make breakfast. We were on the road to the beach by 9:45 and parked at our beach base camp at 10:15, just before the crowd started to arrive! The water was so cold, but its was so hot outside so we all sucked it up and went swimming between our beach lounging.

After a solid day at the beach we went back to the house for yet another amazing dinner of Italian sausages, melon and prosciutto, and an incredible summer salad. We played a hilarious game of Cards Against Humanity (I had never played before... I was laughing so hard I was in tears!) and Grazia made us all delicious monkey bread to snack on. If I can say anything about this trip, I'd say we ate like kings!

We had to leave out mini-vacation Wednesday morning as I had to get back to work and reality, but we had a wonderful few days down there and we're looking forward to returning in the future!

Unfortunately, the above photo was the only real picture I took the entire time we were there (#terriblebloggeraward), but I did a bit of vlogging through our trip so be sure to watch the video for a few fun clips!


*This crosses off #9 on my 25 before 25 list - Go on another road trip somewhere. I'm attempting to reach 25 goals before I reach the age of 25! Want to see the whole list? Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment