Thursday, July 3, 2014

I Survived Orientation 2014! *insert T-shirt design here*

Orientation at Bridgewater ended last Friday and I'm officially on a little vacation! WAHOOOO!

Though I'm excited to have some *real* time off for the first time in a long, long while, I'm pretty bummed that the Orientation experience has come to a close. As a graduate student, I only see so much of how BSU really operates (I'm typically either in the office for my GA or in a classroom when I'm on campus) and to be able to experience all that BSU had to offer from a different perspective definitely gave me a new found appreciation and pride for my school. GO BEARS!

1. Sneaky backstage shot of the OLs performing their skits during Session 1
2. Hanging out with Bristaco and some PC members during Session 1
3. Selfie with the OL staff during Session 6
4. Amazingly awesome gift from the Orientation Staff that was given to me during the end-of-sessions banquet!

This whole experience has been so special in ways that are difficult to put into words, but I know that there are moments from this past month that I will be talking about for my entire Student Affairs career. Though many times it was stressful (as large event planning & management tends to be), the connections that I made with the Professional Staff, Orientation Leaders, new students, and family members throughout the month of June will be something I remember for years to come. I'm so, SO appreciative to have been given the opportunity to be a part of the Orientation Staff this summer!

Orientation Leaders & Pro Staff at our end-of-sessions banquet! Such a great crew of people! <3

The rest of my summer is looking comparatively low-key. I took this week and next week completely off from work and class to focus on some quality time with Brett, family, sunshine, running, reading for pleasure, and possibly getting my teeth ripped out of my face (but that's a story for another post... #istillhavemywisdomteeth), but I will be back to work in OSIL July 15th, taking a week-long intensive course July 28th - August 1st, with a smattering of races, work functions, and family events thrown in here and there before the school year starts up again! Don't you hate how fast the summer flies by? >_<


Hope you're all having a wonderful summer so far! 
Let me know what you've been up to in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment