Sunday, March 2, 2014

25 Before 25: Play in a Lacrosse Game Again (#4)


I got the awesome opportunity to participate in my very first alumni lacrosse game! Lasell (where I graduated from) has attempted to organize an alumni game for years now, and it seemed that every time that one popped up on my schedule as an undergrad and as a  post-grad, we couldn't generate enough interest to make it a reality. This year, that finally changed! We could actually put together an entire team of alums to take on the current team (who, side note, are defending conference champions)!

CJ, who was a senior when I was a freshman, made the alumni team awesome pinnies (which the undergrads were very jealous of), and the current head coach (who was my coach for my last two years!) ordered all of the alums shirts as well! So sweet of both of them!

The shirt Coach gave us on the left, the pinnie we wore during the game on the right.

Coach even added in a personal touch to the back of the shirts - the cheer we *always* did at the beginning of each game!


Even though our team got beaten down pretty badly (again, we were playing the defending conference champs), it was such a great experience seeing all of my fellow alums, and seeing some of the girls that I played with two years ago that are currently on the team! I hope this becomes an annual tradition - I'd love to be involved for as many years as I can still play!

*I'm attempting to reach 25 goals before I reach the age of 25! Want to see the whole list? Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment