Friday, July 24, 2020

The Reading Rush 2020 // Day 4 Recap


Day 4 was my lightest reading day so far this week. As per usual, work was non-stop the entire day. Luckily, yesterday was also my last day of work for the week, so I now have a *ton* of time for the rest of the readathon to dedicate to my books! I tried to read more of Alex, Approximately, but that was quickly cut off thanks to a summer evening thunderstorm and I only got about 12 pages in before needing to come inside ๐Ÿ˜‚ I had The Black Flamingo still to read, though, and I managed to finish up the story and give that beautiful book 5 STARS!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My first 5 star read of the week! I absolutely loved this book and it's definitely been one of the top YA novels I've picked up in 2020. Definitely give it a read!

DAY 4 STATS

Book(s) read today: 
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
# of pages read: 223 pages
# of books completed: 1
# of challenges completed: 3

INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE
Take a picture of your book with a matching background ✔️


Everytime this pops up on my feed as being part of my Reading Rush TBR, I get a handful of comments on how much I'm going to absolutely love Scythe. I think this is the book that I've gotten the most rave reviews about in a very long time! I have a lot of red throughout my apartment so I knew I could easily match the cover of Scythe with something in my home (and yes, I did get more comments saying how much I'm going to love this book!). I'm planning on finally picking this up during Day 5 - I wanted to save it for this weekend in the event it's just as binge-able as everyone is saying it is! Also fully prepared to order the sequels as soon as I'm done with this book. ๐Ÿ˜‰

TBR UPDATE

The After Party by Anton DiSclafani (0/384)
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett (206/391)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (248/248) ✔️
The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta (416/416) ✔️
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (356/356) ✔️
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer (0/288)
Scythe by Neal Shusterman (0/435)

CHALLENGE UPDATE

1. Read a book with a cover the same color as your birthstone ✔️
2. Read a book with a title that begins with "the" ✔️
3. Read a book that inspired a movie that you've already seen ✔️
4. Read the first book you touch
5. Read a book completely outside your home
6. Read a book in a genre you'd like to read more of
7. Read a book set in a different continent than where you live ✔️✔️✔️

WEEK STAT TOTALS

# of books completed: 3
# of pages read: 1,230
# of challenges complete: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment