Monday, July 20, 2020

The Reading Rush 2020 // Day 1 Recap


Reading Rush Day 1 was a huge success! I decided to pick up Bringing Down the Duke as my first book for the week, mainly due to the fact that I had the audiobook out from the library and there were 3 people in line behind me so I wanted to read it as quickly as possible. The goal for the day was to get the entire thing read, and I'm happy to say I accomplished it! I really think it's all thanks to having the audiobook playing as a read along with the physical book as it really helped me concentrate on the story. I ended up really enjoying this book as well, and I look forward to checking out the next book in the companion series that is coming out in September! I gave Bringing Down the Duke 4/5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

DAY 1 STATS

Book(s) read today: Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
# of pages read: 356 pages
# of books completed: 1
# of challenges completed: 1


INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE
Recreate a book cover ✔️


For the Day 1 Instagram challenge of recreating a book cover, I decided to recreate the cover of Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I chose Since You've Been Gone because it not only is this an excellent summer read, BUT it also gave me the perfect excuse to go get an ice cream cone! 🍦 The weather was so hot that it almost instantly melted in my hand, but either way IT WAS DELICIOUS!

TBR UPDATE

The After Party by Anton DiSclafani (0/384)
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett (0/391)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (0/248)
The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta (0/416)
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (356/356) ✔️
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer (0/288)
Scythe by Neal Shusterman (0/435)

CHALLENGE UPDATE

1. Read a book with a cover the same color as your birthstone
2. Read a book with a title that begins with "the"
3. Read a book that inspired a movie that you've already seen
4. Read the first book you touch
5. Read a book completely outside your home
6. Read a book in a genre you'd like to read more of
7. Read a book set in a different continent than where you live ✔️

For Day 2 today, I'm focusing on reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and I think I'll also start listening to the audiobook of Alex, Approximately while out on my run this evening for the "outside your home" challenge. I hope you all have had a great start to your Reading Rush and I will be back tomorrow with my updates from Day 2! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment