Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The Reading Rush 2020 // Day 2 Recap


Another super successful day of the Reading Rush was had yesterday! I decided to pick up Alice's Adventures in Wonderland because this title ticked off quite a few challenges - birthstone, movie, and continent! I can't believe I hadn't ever read this story because I've seen so many adaptations of Alice in Wonderland before. I'm really glad I reached for this edition because even though the story is trippy in itself, the artwork that is used for illustrations throughout this edition really add to the whimsical nature of the book. Here's a few examples I snapped photos of:





Because it is a children's classic, and because I was reading an illustrated edition, I was able to get through this book fairly quickly. I think I wrapped up this book around 5pm or so, and I think that's pretty good while still working throughout the day! I went outside to take a picture of the book when I finished it up and there was a rabbit waiting for me on our front lawn. Such an appropriate coincidence!



DAY 2 STATS

Book(s) read today: 
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
# of pages read: 306 pages
# of books completed: 1
# of challenges completed: 3

INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE
Cosplay a book character ✔️


For this challenge, I decided to cosplay Annabelle from one of my very favorite books, A Heart in a Body in the World by Deb Caletti. Annabelle is a character that runs across the United States for an extremely important cause. Because she is wearing an orange shirt, black shorts, and white running shoes on the cover, I decided to don an orange shirt, black shorts, and my white running shoes and hit the streets! It's been pretty oppressively humid the last few days, so eventually (once I got a good insta pic, of course) I needed to ditch the tee and go sports-bra only for the rest of the run. I haven't done that in a long while, so that's how you know it's hot! See my sweaty AF face below:



TBR UPDATE

The After Party by Anton DiSclafani (0/384)
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett (58/391)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (248/248) ✔️
The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta (0/416)
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (356/356) ✔️
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer (0/288)
Scythe by Neal Shusterman (0/435)

CHALLENGE UPDATE

1. Read a book with a cover the same color as your birthstone ✔️
2. Read a book with a title that begins with "the"
3. Read a book that inspired a movie that you've already seen ✔️
4. Read the first book you touch
5. Read a book completely outside your home
6. Read a book in a genre you'd like to read more of
7. Read a book set in a different continent than where you live ✔️✔️

WEEK STAT TOTALS

# of books completed: 2
# of pages read: 662
# of challenges complete: 3

The goal for day 3 is to read and finish another book. I may try and finish Alex, Approximately outside now that work is over, but it is very humid yet again so I may just stay inside and read The Black Flamingo by the air conditioner. We shall see! You'll find out tomorrow, right here on my blog. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment