Thursday, July 23, 2020

The Reading Rush 2020 // Day 3 Recap



Yesterday was an unexpectedly busy day at work full of back-to-back meetings. The day flew right by and before I knew it, it was 5:30pm and I hadn't done too much serious reading yet. Luckily I woke up early and got a bit of The Black Flamingo read before work began, and was able to listen to some of the audiobook of Alex, Approximately when I ran out for coffee, but I was feeling pretty behind in my reading when my work day ended. 


After work I headed out to the backyard with the goal of getting at least half way through Alex, Approximately, which I was able to do before the sun went down! I also was able to get halfway through The Black Flamingo when I came inside from the night, and I'm really loving the story so far! I definitely think that will be a book I try to finish today because I'm enjoying it so much.

DAY 3 STATS

Book(s) read today: 
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
# of pages read: 343 pages
# of books completed: 0
# of challenges completed: 0

INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE
Take a picture of your current read with your pet 


Sadly I wasn't able to fully participate in this challenge because we do not have a pet of our own! Because of this, I wasn't sure if I could still give myself a check mark for this challenge, so I went with a question mark instead, haha. I still wanted to make a post for the day so I took a cute pic of my current read while I was outside. I'm a little bummed that I wasn't able to participate fully in every challenge, but still happy that I was able to post something Reading Rush related to the feed. Hopefully the last four challenges are all things that I can fully take part in!

TBR UPDATE

The After Party by Anton DiSclafani (0/384)
Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett (192/391)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (248/248) ✔️
The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta (205/416)
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (356/356) ✔️
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer (0/288)
Scythe by Neal Shusterman (0/435)

CHALLENGE UPDATE

1. Read a book with a cover the same color as your birthstone ✔️
2. Read a book with a title that begins with "the"
3. Read a book that inspired a movie that you've already seen ✔️
4. Read the first book you touch
5. Read a book completely outside your home
6. Read a book in a genre you'd like to read more of
7. Read a book set in a different continent than where you live ✔️✔️

WEEK STAT TOTALS

# of books completed: 2
# of pages read: 1,005
# of challenges complete: 3

Today I definitely think that I can finish at least one of the books I have on the go. I'm thinking I'm going to focus in on The Black Flamingo just because I'm enjoying it so much, but if I have some extra time to sit outside and read Alex, Approximately, I'll definitely try and get closer to finishing that title as well! Maybe we'll have a two-finished-books kinda day?

No comments:

Post a Comment