Thursday, October 20, 2016

A Few of my Favorite Links {#26}

Happy Thursday, y'all! This month's Favorite Links post is heavily television and video based (Let's be honest, are you really that surprised?) but there's also some theatre thrown in there for good measure. I hope you can find something you like among these links, and don't forget to share your favorite links of the moment in the comments! :)

Luke from 'Gilmore Girls' showed up at a Luke's Diner pop-up'


When I first heard that this promotion was happening I was super excited! Then I was super depressed that no coffee shops near me were asked to participate. Then not so depressed when I found out some people waited upwards of 2 hours just to get a regular cup of coffee with a Luke's sleeve on it (cool, but not worth 2-hours of waiting in the cold IMO). It's awesome, though, that Scott Patterson made a surprise appearance at one of the participating shops to take pictures, interact with the customers and the staff, and just generally be his Luke self. Things like this are getting me SO PUMPED for the revival on November 25th!

What It's Like to Have 'High-Functioning' Anxiety

Gah - when I first saw this video I wanted to shout from the rooftops: "THIS IS HOW I FEEL EVERY DAYYYYY!!!" It's so hard to explain anxiety to someone who doesn't experience it, or is blinded by the BS stigma of mental illness, or just generally doesn't know a lot about it. But this is what it's like. Constant pre-occupation with your thoughts and constantly finding ways to fill your hours to distract yourself. This is mainly why I pass right out at night because my brain is so tired of racing all day, every day. It's so good to have someone, SOMETHING explain exactly how I feel on a regular basis.
Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton Debate Cold Open - SNL

As much of a circus this presidential election is this year (a very, very scary circus), we can't deny how much Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon are KILLING IT playing Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton on SNL. Brett shared this cold open with me and I'm pretty sure I cry-laughed through the entire thing. A+ comedic acting by these two and A+ writing by the SNL staff (per usual).
The Crown Official Trailer - Netflix

You guys.... this series looks fantastic. The life of Queen Elizabeth II is so interesting to me. She has been the Queen of England for suuuuuch a long time and to get a glimpse into what her life was like when she was younger is so intriguing. I can't wait until The Crown on Netflix next month. Between this and the new Gilmore Girls, I don't think I'm going to be doing anything other than watching Netflix in November and I don't hate it.

What's Your Hamilton Leadership Style?


My good friend Erin shared this with me (we are going to see Hamilton together in the spring! AHHHHH!!!) and of course I needed to share it with all of you as well. It perfectly blends my love of personality assessments and Hamilton so of course it is right up my alley. I got Eliza Schuyler Hamilton... who did you get?!

What links have you been loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment