Saturday, October 3, 2020

Friday (Saturday) Reflections // Reading Like Rory Gilmore ☕ + Happy Spooky Szn! 🎃


It's Spooky Season, y'all! 🎃 I think October tends to be one of the most universally liked months of the year. It's the first true ~festive~ month of the holiday season and the changing of the season always brings a feeling of a new beginning, and who doesn't love that? The leaves are gradually changing colors and falling to the ground, and my neighborhood is looking more and more quintessentially New England every day. I think Snowy's enjoying the cooler weather as well because it's becoming increasingly difficult to coax her inside after her walks. 


This month I'm participating in the Pageathon! This is a readathon where the goal (like the name suggests) is to read as many pages as you can throughout the month. To make it a bit more interesting for myself, I decided to give myself a theme to follow each week of the readathon. I'm not going to give any theme spoilers, but I will tell you that this week I'm reading like Rory Gilmore! ☕ That means that I'm only reading books that you can find on the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge list. I've been wanting to do this for so long, but I wanted to wait until autumn because I feel like autumn is the most Gilmore Girls season of them all!


I have a decent amount of books from the list on my TBR, so I chose four that I was most interested in to pick from this week. I don't anticipate that I'll be able to read all of these titles, but it will be great to have a good stack to pick from throughout the week before the next theme kicks in! Here are the books I'll be choosing from this week while sipping my coffee like a true Gilmore:

🧟 Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (because duh - spooky szn!)
💡 Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
🎭 The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare
💔 High Fidelity by Nick Hornby (on Kindle, so not pictured)


This weekend I'll be running the Virtual Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon, which will be interesting because I have not run anywhere close to that distance since March 😂 I'll definitely be taking it nice and easy, and try to enjoy my 13.1 mile journey. I'll be doing a virtual race review next week so you can get my thoughts on how the run went, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that my legs don't fall off! 😬

1 comment:

  1. I love the Rory Gilmore Reading List - it's such a great idea, and there are so many books on there! :D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete