Thursday, June 20, 2019

Newport Marathon Training - Week 0

Here we are, staring down the barrel of another training cycle! I'm happy I was able to take about 3 months off from worrying about training (or you know... not training haha) for a marathon. It gave me some time to clear my head on the running front and focus my energies on other areas of my life that had been neglected. Doing that has really gotten me re-motivated to take on the challenge of a fall 26.2 and it is my plan to stick with my training if I have to fight tooth and nail to get it done every day!


I'll be running the Newport Marathon in October (after deferring last year) and I found a training program that I'm excited to try out from Runner's World. This is a sub-5 hour marathon trianing program and I know if I focus and push hard through this program that I can TOTALLY run sub-5. It's been a goal of mine for a while and I really want to take it seriously this time around. Training in the summer and racing in the fall is PRIME for cutting your time on race day. When you get used to running in the heat and have a cooler race, you can usually zoom. I feel like now is my time to really go for it!

I'll be using this training plan (click to enlarge):

More information on this training plan here.

Day 1 of training is this upcoming Monday! I plan to keep myself accountable with a weekly training update right here on the blog. I'll share my weekly mileage, what I'm eating, and how I'm liking the workouts. I'm going to capture that sub-5 y'all! Just gotta work hard and stay motivated any way I can. Make sure I'm not slacking. ðŸ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment