Wednesday, September 19, 2018

New Job, One Month In


On a walk with Zoe at Golden Hour this past weekend!

A few months ago, I stated that I wanted to make an effort to write a non-video blog post once a week on Wednesdays. Then my whole life got insane with my job search and that plan when to the gutter. :P Now that I've got a bit more of a handle on my life, I thought I could bring that idea back and give little life updates each week to let you know ~what's going on~ and get back to my blogging roots. I feel like life has been whizzing by lately and I want to take some moments each week to share what's been up!

Panorama of the West Coast sunset at Baker Beach when I secretly went to San Francisco in July for a job interview! So happy I was able to sneak in a visit to the Golden Gate Bridge during my 36 hour stay!

Saturday was the one month mark of being at my new job and I'm confused at how quickly this milestone came, but at the same time confused at how I've only been working at my new campus for such a short amount of time. It feels like I've been here forever and no time at all. How is that possible?





I feel like I've been adjusting to my new position really well. I feel like I've been connecting really well with my colleagues, bringing a lot of my strengths* to the table, and learning every day. Of course, if we're being completely honest, all of the change has been overwhelming from time to time, but I'm lucky enough to have so many kind and understanding people on my staff that make the transition so much easier and coming into work every day so much fun!

I'm in charge of the Activities Fair. I think this semester's event was a big success!

The new academic year hasn't come without it's various challenges. My morning commute is nearly 2 hours with the Boston traffic, and my afternoon commute is not that much easier. I'm adjusting to a new sleep schedule (up by 5AM and so tired I can't keep my eyes open by 9PM) and coming to terms with what my new amount of free time looks like. Brett's been crazy busy with football, as usual, which has been tough as we rarely get to spend quality time together. However, through all of the challenges, we are both making the best of what we have, understanding that this will be temporary, and having as much fun as possible when we are together.

Chillin' with the pups (our favorite thing to do) and a dinner out at Ichigo!

This weekend we're heading to a wedding which should be a lot of fun. I don't have a tone of formal wedding wear (most of my closet is work clothes or athletic wear), so I went out and bought this really cute pastel pink Calvin Klein dress earlier this week at Marshall's (originally $139.99, bought it for $39.99 #score) that I'm pumped to wear! It'll be great to get the chance to have a few drinks with B and dance the night away. Definitely need to blow off some steam!

Not a typical color I go for, but I'm excited about this find!

Hopefully I will do better about keeping this blog up to date through these busy weeks! There's so much I'd love to record and remember and sometimes things just move so quickly that I forget to take a moment to reflect. Here's to hoping I can stay on to of the ball over here on this corner of the internet and work to make this more of a place for memory keeping! See you next week... hopefully. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment