Wednesday, February 28, 2018

#Emojiathon Plans | Spring 2018 Round

YOU GUYS.

I am super pumped because EmojiAThon comes back next month! 


I've always been intrigued to join but it's always fallen on times when I was either way too busy or had already committed to another readathon so I wasn't able to join. This time around I'm free and I can't wait to hop in on the fun! EmojiAThon takes place during the entire month of March and the aim of the readathon is to complete as many challenges that correlate to each emoji as possible. 

The hosts have created a fun BINGO board this round (above!) so you can also try to make as many BINGOs with your reading as possible throughout the month. I love when readathons are game-ified so of course I will be attempting to get as many as possible! I've picked a book to correspond to each of the 25 challenges. Of course, there's no way I'm going to get through 25 books in the month of March, but in order to make this experience a fun challenge I decided to pick a 25 book TBR to see just how many BINGOs I can get! 

A few things about how my TBR will work for EmojiAThon:
  • You might notice that a couple of books are already checked off on the board. There are four titles that the hosts are asking you to read because they are their favorite books. In Dylan's announcement video, he mentioned that if you have already read these books, you can just check them off. I've surprisingly already read 3 of those titles already so I'm starting with 3 books already checked off of my TBR. WOO! 
  • I do have a couple of books that I'm DEFINITELY planning on getting to in the month of March, either because they're a buddy read, a part of my 10 Book TBRs, or a part of my series read throughs. These books are going to be prioritized. I have noted the books that I'm DEFINITELY going to read by highlighting them in yellow.
  • Once my priority books are done, I'm going to look at my board to see how I can fit in as many BINGOs as possible before the month is over. My priority books didn't land in a row anywhere on the board, so I'll have to read at least one extra book in order to make at least one BINGO!
Now that all of that is out of the way, here's my TBR BINGO board!



TACO - Dylan's favorite book - We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson (already read)
SHRUG - A book you haven't gotten to and you don't know why - Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
BRAIN - A mental illness book - Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
BALL - A book involving sports - The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic
CAR - A book involving travel - Eat Only When You're Hungry by Lindsay Hunger
TWO DANCERS - A buddy read - Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Steifvater (buddy read with Michael)
AVOCADO - Brittany's favorite book - The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls (already read)
CAUTION - A book you're cautious to start - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (buddy read with Anita)
GRAD CAP - A nonfiction book - The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace by Jeff Hobbs
PEACE SIGN - A diverse book - A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
HEADPHONES - An audiobook - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
CAMERA - A book that has been adapted - Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
BOOKS - Free space! Read whatever you want - Church of Marvels by Leslie Parry
WIZARD - A fantasy book - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (buddy read with Michael)
PHONE - An eBook - The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
TALKING HEAD - A book everyone is telling you to read - Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
HOURGLASS - A book you're in the middle of - Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
GRANDMA - A book that's older than you - The Long Walk by Stephen King
PURPLE HEART - Jay's favorite book - Keep Her Safe by K.A. Tucker
SUNGLASSES - A book by an indie/unknown author - The Kitchen Daughter by J.A. McHenry
ALIEN - A science fiction book - Obsidio by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (buddy read with Michael)
DETECTIVE - A mystery or a thriller - The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin by Josh Berk
PAINT PALETTE - A book with your favorite color on the cover - The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
18 - A smutty/new adult book - The 8 Mistakes of Amy Maxwell by Heather Balog
POOP - Chelsea's favorite book - The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (already read)

I'm planning to vlog throughout the month (as I always do with readathons), but instead of my normal vlog where I take you around everywhere, it will be more of a vlog-style monthly reading wrap up. So you'll get one big vlog at the end of the month! I also am planning to do blog updates on my progress each week (similar to how I updated for The Reading Quest back in the summer) so stay tuned here to see how I'm doing! I hope you all join in on this amazing readathon because I think it's going to be a lot of fun. :)


#EmojiAThon Plans Video:


HOSTS:

No comments:

Post a Comment