Tuesday, July 12, 2016

#SAPro: Year One in Review

July 7, 2015: Snapchat from my first day!

Thursday was my *official* one year anniversary at Mount Holyoke! I can't believe how quickly a year has gone by and I can't believe how at home I feel on campus after only 12 months. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the experience I had in my first year. I had an excellent staff that had my back and became close friends of mine, I had absolutely incredible students who amazed me at every turn, and I became part of one of the most welcoming communities I've ever been a part of. I have learned so much this past year from my students, colleagues, and surroundings that I feel like a completely different professional and person than I was when I began last July. I'm so happy that I've had the opportunity to laugh, think, be challenged by my colleagues and especially my students, and to grow.


I took a bit of a chance on Mount Holyoke when I accepted the job in May 2015. The position wasn't *exactly* what I was looking for, but the staff and students I interacted with during my interview were (and are) people I knew I wanted to be around. So I took the plunge and accepted the job and it paid off. I have met some of the most incredible people and students and have learned so much from everyone I've encountered on this campus. I take a look at the photo collage above and I can't help but to feel overwhelming happiness for all of the experiences this job has afforded me. I gambled a bit on Mount Holyoke but I feel like I hit the jackpot with my first job as an #SApro. I can't wait to head into my second year at Mount Holyoke and see what will be thrown at me next!

July 7, 2016: Celebrating my one year workiversary with my amazing staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment