Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Taking on Marathon #3



It's summer which means it's time for me to get my running butt back in gear and train for my THIRD marathon - the Maine Marathon! The race is October 4th (which will be exactly a year after I completed the New Hampshire Marathon!) so I've got a few months to train. I'm hoping to be really good about going out on each of my scheduled training runs this time around (though I've already needed to miss two short runs because Orientation training is cray... #12hourdaysforever) and I'm welcoming #SundayRunday (the day I tackle my long training runs) with open arms!


I'm also pumped that my good friend and former student Cassie will be joining me in October to run the 26.2 miles with me for her first ever marathon! I'm strangely excited for the many miles that stand between me and marathon #3. It'll be awesome to have some actual free time to concentrate on training without the stress of grad school looming over me and I'm hoping this will be my best marathon yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment