Thursday, February 5, 2015

Snowed In




It's been non-stop snowing in Massachusetts the past two weeks and we are expecting more in the very near future. Although it's pretty and has allowed me to have a few more days off before getting back to class, it's safe to say I'm over it. It's kind of a buzzkill when the snow closes your work that you get paid by the hour at. *le sigh* However, it's extreme weather conditions like this that make you thankful for all you have in your life - a warm place to sleep, people looking out for your safety, and plenty of ways to pass the long hours cooped up inside. My car isn't the greatest in the snow, but it's been seriously champing it out through every storm and getting me where I need to be, so I'm very thankful for that!

Poor little Dory.

Despite the crazy weather, life has been pretty great! The snow days have given me the opportunity to ease into a groove instead of everything starting up all at once (I finally had my first class of the semester last night), I'm making strides to keep a positive outlook on all the upcoming changes in my life, the Patriots won the freakin' Super Bowl (still in disbelief!), and each day that ticks by is another day closer to my family's trip to the Western Caribbean (exactly 30 days from today)! In addition to all of that excitement, during the snow storm last week (Winter Storm Juno, if we want to be specific), I found out that I had been selected to receive a crowd-funded Student Affairs Professional Development Award!



I had no idea that this was even a thing until I received the email that I had been nominated by my internship supervisor, Tim, and the subsequent email letting me know I had been selected by a committee of Student Affairs professionals to receive funding for a professional development opportunity of my choice! It's so cool to be recognized in this way and to be given an opportunity to continue to learn and better myself as a Student Affairs student and professional.

The founder of the award, Mallory Bower, has a few posts outlining this award on her blog (who donated to it, the idea behind it, etc.), so if you're interested in finding out more, check it out here. As part of the award, I'm going to be doing a few guest blog posts over there about my experience, so I'll be sure to let you all know when those go live! I'm very excited about this opportunity and I can't wait to take full advantage of it!

We are expecting another metric ton of snow this weekend*, so please think warm thoughts for we Northerners who may or may not be slowly turning into yetis. For now, I wanted to end this post on a positive note and share a link that made me feel good this afternoon: 20 Signs You're Doing Better Than You Think You Are.

Hope you're all doing well! :)

*I'm not 100% sure if this is an exaggeration or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment