Saturday, January 10, 2015

25 Before 25: Go to a Shooting Range (#24)

On Christmas Eve, my dad took Brett and I to an shooting range! He noticed that this item was on my list of goals and wanted to help me out with it, and he thought it would be a fun thing to check off on Christmas Eve - which it was! The range was indoors, and you could bring in your own firearms or rent the firearms from the facility (they had so many crazy weapons you could try out, including machine guns!).

My dad had his own firearm that he brought for us to try - a 9mm pistol. Though it seemed to fit both my dad's and Brett's hands fine, mine are a bit smaller so the gun was on the bigger side for me which made it harder to handle. (When I later spoke with my mom, she agreed that it was also a bit big for her when she tried it out at the range!) We practiced shooting on a regular target as well as a zombie target (it's always fun to imagine yourself fighting off the zombie apocalypse!). I eventually got a bit more used to the size of the gun and wasn't too terrible at aiming, though I definitely agreed with my dad that I probably wouldn't be able to shoot a moving target unless it was 10 feet in front of me!.


I've never shot a gun before (outside of my sister's BB gun once or twice when we were younger), and though it was a little nerve wracking at first, it was really cool to understand the hobby of shooting a bit better and try something a little out of my comfort zone. This was a really fun experience to share with my dad, and I hope that we go again in the future! 

If you'd like to see some video of the three of us shooting,
check out my Christmas Eve vlog below!


*I'm attempting to reach 25 goals before I reach the age of 25! Want to see the whole list? Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment