Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Few of my Favorite Links {#8}

(Trigger Warning: sexual assault/misconduct)

Over the past couple (extremely busy) weeks, my friends, students, classmates, and colleagues, have done a solid job of hooking me up with some awesome internet content to peruse. This comes with some serious gratitude, because I really haven't had all that much time to skim the web myself for links to share with you all. Here are some of my favorite internet findings of the past few weeks!


I'm in the car a minimum of 90 minutes each day, commuting here, there, and everywhere. When you're driving, you can't really do much else but drive and listen to whatever happens to be coming through your radio. I've become a huge fan of podcasts, and this is definitely one of my favorites. (I listent to many podcasts, but this is one of my top 3 at the moment. Maybe I'll share a list of all the podcasts I listen to in a future post! #postidea) 

"Not Too Deep" with Grace Helbig is pure, stupid humor. I know that's not for everyone, but I definitely need something mindlessly entertaining to listen to as I drive from workplace to workplace. I must look crazy to the drivers around me when I'm listening to this podcast because I laugh so much when I do. If you're a fan of stupid humor and jokes that go on for way too long (which I find hilarious), then definitely check this podcast out. Here's my favorite one that I've listened to so far, featuring Mitchell Davis!





This Alex and Ani bangle is currently on sale and donating 20% of its proceeds are being donated to the ASPCA! And, bonus - it's adorable. I'm definitely hoping to snag a few of these as holiday gifts (can you believe I just said that? It's October...) for friends and helping out my favorite causes - protecting animals!

Colleges Walk a Fine Line When Athletes Are Accused of Sexual Assault



If you've seen the news at all this fall, you've likely seen a huge spike in reports of sexual assaults on college campuses. To me, this is a bittersweet situation - bitter that there are still so many cases of assault and misconduct on college campuses, but it's great that those who may fall victim of these situations are now feeling more confident to report what's happening and getting the awareness out there of this epidemic. However, as someone who works at multiple institutions, there is a lot to consider when it comes to situations such as this, up to and including making sure the accused is also being protected (false accusations have the potential to ruin an individual's life). 

This article has recently come out on The Chronicle of Higher Education, and shed a little light on what an institution has to go through if one of their students is accused of sexual assault. I can't stress enough the importance of continuing education on this topic. I feel like I learn something new in every article and that's something I hope continues.

20 Courses Missing from Your #HigherEd & #StudentAffairs Master's Program



I saw Paul Gordon Brown speak at ACPA in March and I have fallen in love with his blog! He's always coming up with clever and hilarious posts that those of us in the HESA field can relate to. This one in particular was just TOO real! If you're currently in a HESA program, have been in a HESA program, or are considering going into one in the future, definitely check this post out for a good laugh!

There is FINALLY an Answer to the "HIMYM" Pineapple Mystery



For those of you who are HIMYM fans, you'll remember that in the first season, there's an episode called "The Pineapple Incident". The entire series goes by without ever giving us an answer to where the pineapple in that episode came from. With the release of the final season on DVD, there's FINALLY an answer! Check out the video under the link for some explanation if you're a HIMYM fan like me!

What links have you been loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment