Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Recovery Struggles...

Hey all! Sorry I missed posting last Thursday. Recovery from surgery proved to be more difficult than I anticipated (you can read about that further down in this post) so I decided to take a little break to recuperate. Here's what I've been up to the past few weeks!


My predictions of the semester were right - it's crazytown right now. It seems that when I'm awake, I'm focused on either one of my jobs or school work. I've gotten a routine down, though, and each week it's gotten easier to navigate what needs to get done and when I'm going to be able to do it. I pretty much live and breathe by my planner and making lists, and if I were ever to lose my planner or any of my notebooks, I would be in serious trouble! Though it is hectic, I'm working on some seriously awesome projects this semester and my students always make being busy worthwhile. :)


Surprisingly enough, I have been able to find some time during the week to fit in my runs! I ran my last long training run a few weeks ago and have been focused on tapering ever since. I've been doing lots of stretching, hydrating, and shorter runs in hopes that when October 4th (this Saturday! AHHHH) comes around I won't be in too much pain when I hit mile 20! I'm pretty nervous for the marathon, and I really don't feel as prepared as I was last year, but my training goals were pretty different this time around, so we'll see how it all shakes out on race day. I will be going out to find something fun to wear on race day (which is always the best part of races, besides finishing!). I'm not sure what I'm going to find, but my mom already bought me a couple awesome Bolder Bands, so I'm sure it be something along the lines of one of these patterns/color schemes!


Of course, I also got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out recently. The weekend I spent home recovering really wasn't too bad. It was good to have other people around making sure I was taking care of myself (parents are awesome), and I had all the movie channels at my disposal! I really didn't swell up too much either, so that was an added bonus. 

Morning of the procedure, before heading to the surgeon's office.

Day after the procedure.

But when I went back to work I really started struggling with the amount of pain I was experiencing, and wound up getting really sick over the weekend. I had to work from home on Thursday, spent the majority of the day in bed on Friday, and though I was feeling a bit better during the day on Saturday, I got the most painful migraine of my life (like so painful we were considering going to the ER). I have a feeling it was a combination of my diet being unusual for me during recovery, the fact that I almost never take any medication in my normal life and I was taking a lot that week, and the unseasonably warm weather in New England over the weekend, but I would never wish that kind of pain on someone else. I hope to never experience that again.


I did get to go on a bit of a fall shopping spree while I was home. I'm in love with all of my finds, and have already worn a few of these pieces a few times. They're perfect for this time of year! The photo kind of messes up some of the colors, but here's what I got, counterclockwise from top left:

Olive green sweater - Pink Rose
Charcoal cardigan - Dalia Collection
Navy sweater dress - Romeo + Juliet Couture
Cognac heels - Zigisoho
Brown boots - White Mountain


I hope you all have been well! 

3 comments:

  1. hi riley! i'm glad you're ok again, crazy enough i had the worst migraine last weekend too.. i stayed in bed for two days. but all's good now. that dress you bought is beautiful! i really love the pattern. oh and good luck for saturday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're okay! Migraines are seriously the worst. Thank you for the luck - it looks like it worked! :)

      Delete
  2. Discover how THOUSAND of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are living their dreams right NOW.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.

    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete