Sunday, June 8, 2014

'Twas the Night before Orientation...

How is it already 9:30 pm the night before the first session of New Student & Family Orientation? HOW?!

It seems like Orientation Leader training consumed more of my life that I had originally anticipated. Every time I sat down to write a post, I was distracted by Orientation business of one form or another. As a result, I have several posts written all the way out, with just a few additions still needed, sitting in blog purgatory. (I'll probably add the finishing touches to those this evening and schedule them out throughout this week!) But because training consumed so much of my life, a couple of weeks have gone by in a blink and now we are on the edge of 3 crazy, exhausting, exciting, and fun weeks of welcoming new students and families to BSU! It really felt like this day was ages away, but now it's here.

During training, the whole staff decorates each other clipboards to use throughout each session. You get one person to make a clipboard for, and it's a secret the whole time. Tonight was clipboard reveal! I didn't take a picture of the one I made (though the student I made it for said he loved it!), but this is the one another student made for me!


 I absolutely love it! Thanks, Tyler! :)

We are starting session one with a staff meeting bright and early tomorrow morning at 6:00 am (O_O) and I will be powering through (somehow) until about 10:30 pm, followed by a 9-5 second day of the program. Rise and repeat 6 times and you have Orientation. It sounds like a lot (and it is), but it's actually a lot of fun and I'm definitely looking forward to kicking the program off tomorrow!

Please forgive me if this space goes even quieter than it has been, but I have a feeling that I'll have exciting stories from my personal life to share throughout this busy time so I'll be sure to drop in to write a post or two over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment