Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Five {#7}: Dream Vacation Edition

With the temps creeping down to their season lows and a nor'easter plotting to snow everyone in this weekend in the northeast, I find myself dreaming more and more of warm weather vacation spots. I thought I'd warm things up by turning this edition of the Friday Five into an opportunity to share with you where I'd LOVE to be this weekend instead of trudging around in boots and a jacket that makes me look like a giant penguin.

1. Orlando, Florida

Mouse ears and Butter Beers have been at the forefront of my mind lately. Maybe it's all of the end-of-semester stress that's making me regress a little bit, but all I want to do is go to play with Mickey and Minnie and dress up like a princess at Disney World, visit Olivander's Wands at Harry Potter World, and maybe even stop in for a drink at Moe's at Springfield, USA. If I could escape from grown up life, if just for a moment, I'd want to hide out in Orlando!

2. Bora Bora

Smack in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is this little island paradise. Just thinking about lounging on a floatie with a book and the sun during the day and spending sleepy evenings in a little hut while listening to the waves lap below me is enough to book my ticket right now! If only I had a few thousand dollars laying around...

3. Xcaret Park - Mexico

Xcared Park is an all-natural water park just north of Cancun. You can swim with dolphins, stingrays, and sharks, snorkel and scuba dive, and there's even a zoo, aquarium, and butterfly pavillion! A perfect combination of adventure and relaxation. Sign me up, please!

4. Giraffe Manor - Nairobi, Kenya

Yes, this is a real place. This hotel is famous for being surrounded by a friendly heard of giraffes! They'll come right up to your window and will eat a tasty treat right out of your hands. How cool would it be just to go for a walk and have a pack of giraffes casually stroll by?

5. Swimming with elephants in Thailand

If you know me at all, you know I love elephants! A group of students I work with at BSU is going on a trip to Thailand over break, and they get to ride an elephant twice. TWICE. I'm so jealous. If I could be in warm Thailand just hanging out with a bunch of elephants, I'd probably be the happiest human on planet earth.

Where are your dream vacation destinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment