Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Calm *After* the Storm // Star Wars Rival Run 10K Recap, Getting Vaccinated, + Snowy Photo Spam

 

Happy May, friends! The academic year has finally wrapped and the peacefulness that has followed these last few INSANE weeks has been so welcome. I am currently in my very last 5-day work week until August (summer Fridays, baby!!!), and in my last work week before I take a nice lil staycation next week. When WFH started last year I really didn't think I'd ever want to take time off work if I wasn't specifically going anywhere since I'd already be home. However, after this crazy year, I am SO THRILLED to be having a week to myself. It'll also be my birthday next week, so I'm really looking forward to being able to spend the week doing things that make me happy. That's all I want for my birthday!


A few weeks ago, Snowy (or SnObi-Wan Kenobi) and I ran the runDisney Star Wars Rival Run Virtual 10K! (We made a cute lil TikTok during our run!) I dressed up as Princess Leia and we had an absolute blast (pun intended?). I specifically wanted to run this race so I could get my hands on the 10K medal which features Leia herself, and it finally came in the mail last week! I can't wait to hang it up on my wall. I am so psyched to have it be a part of my collection!

runDisney virtual packaging is top-notch


Such a cool medal! It's fairly big as well - about the size of my palm.
Not bad for a 10K medal!


I also got my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine a few weeks ago at Gillette Stadium! It was a super easy process and the volunteers there have the clinic running like a well-oiled machine. As I waited the required 15 minutes post-shot, I was able to sit and look out onto the field which was so cool. I haven't been to Gillette in AGES so it was really so nice to return. I'll be back later in May for my second dose, and then hopefully the next time I'm there I'll be attending a game! 🤞


The day after my vaccine I attempted to participate in Dewey's, but I was so tired that it made reading extremely difficult 😂 I shoulda known! Regardless of how much I read during that 24 hour period, I did make it a priority to return to my book instead of watching TV or scrolling TikTok, which I think is a personal win. Here's somewhat of a reading vlog from the last two weekends, including my failed Dewey's attempt:


Now that the academic year is over, I really want to prioritize reading where I can! I'll be participating in Bout of Books 31 next week (TBR to come!) and I'm hoping to do a couple other fun reading projects during the summer months. I'll of course keep y'all posted!


I wanted to close out this lil life update by SPAMMING y'all with Snowy pictures. If you look through my photos on my phone, it's pretty much exclusively running related photos or Snowy photos. At least I'm on brand? 🙃 She's just so cute! I CAN'T HELP IT! (And honestly, can you really complain about a Snowy photo spam session?) Anywho, enjoy this pup's cuteness:

Laying on the floor with Daddy as he plays games

I got Snowy this teddy bear the last time she got her nails trimmed and she LOVES HIM 😍😭

There was an ADORABLE 2-month old Husky at the park yesterday and Snowy LOVED playing with him. 😭😭😭

Idk why she was sitting like this but it was adorably funny 😂

👁️👅👁️

Cute post-run selfies with my girl 💖

Just always bringing the sass


We're also sitting our neighbor's dog Harper while she is away and these two are like two peas. I will say that Snowy does get a bit territorial of her stuff and of Brett and I when Harper is over (only child syndrome!) but they absolutely love playing together. It's so cute to see them interact with one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment