Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday Reflections // I'm a Princess (again)! ✨


 Hi, guys.

I feel like I always struggle to keep up when the academic year kicks off. September is always a challenge that I tend to underestimate for myself! I keep saying "next week will be easier!" but then the next week is just as jam packed as the last. It's been hard to find time to get all of my work done, cook and clean, take care of Snowy, and find time and energy for hobbies on top of all of that. It's a challenge! So in an effort to be kind to myself, I've just been doing what feels right every day and trying not to get frustrated with myself for not doing ALL THE THINGS (though sometimes it's a challenge!).

Right now I'm just trying to settle into some kind of a routine. Now that we're in the tail of September we're on the train into the holiday season so things are about to get even busier! I'm happy to have some things to look forward to, though. It'll be a great change of pace to have some kind of idea of what to expect out of the coming months, even if traditions look a little different this year!


I went back to the gym for the first time this week. With the daylight escaping us earlier and earlier, and me never being an enthusiastic morning runner, I decided to finally give the gym a shot so I could run on the treadmill. I was nervous to go back but I actually felt super comfortable the whole time I was there! The machines are all distanced a generous amount and everything is super clean. I only did my run while I was there, but I'm definitely going to incorporate some strength training back into my exercise routine now that I'm comfortable going back to the gym! 💪


If you're a runDisney fan, you'll know that this week the announcement was made about the WDW Marathon Weekend and the Princess Half Marathon Weekend going virtual in 2021. I know a lot of folks were so bummed about this decision as they wanted to have their magical race experience at Disney World this winter, and now will have to participate at home. Selfishly, I was kind of excited bout the decision because that meant that I could join in on the magic at home! My mom and I chatted and decided that we would be participating in the virtual 5K together, and I'm also signed up to do the Fairy Tale Challenge again! I am so excited for the princesses for this year as well - Ariel for the 5K (Mom's fave!), Rapunzel for the 10K, Belle for the Half (my fave!), and Tiana for the Fairy Tale Challenge! I'll definitely be running in costume for these races, and maybe even getting Snowy dressed up for the 5k! Stay tuned... 😊✨

Before I sign off of this post, I want to acknowledge the fact that it has been yet another hard week here in the United States. We learned of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's passing last Friday, and on Wednesday we were given the news about the lack of justice in the Breonna Taylor case. Being an American is extremely challenging right now, and I'm sure it will continue to be so in the forseeable future. There is so much injustice in our world and it's extremely disheartening, but it is important that we keep our heads down and working toward positive change while advocating for the marginalized communities in our country. I'll keep working hard toward justice, and I hope you will too. 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment