Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Final NEWTs 🦎✨ // Week 4 Recap & Final Wrap Up

Starting Goodbye, Paris with a snack for the "Hagrid's Hut" challenge in the Care of Magical Creatures exam!

Y'ALL I DID IT! I'm not sure how I managed to pull it off but I finished all my NEWTs and I am officially a Hogwarts Professor, teaching Care of Magical Creatures! (I wish that was actually true, tbh πŸ˜‰) It really got down to the wire at the end of August. I entered August 31st with two books still needing to be read. Luckily I was able to find audiobooks for both and spent pretty much the whole day listening to my final two books while working. Such a whirlwind, but I got it done!

I'm really happy with how my NEWTs went, and while I'm sad to see this version of the Magical Readathon get retired, I know that it's the right thing to do. G is going to put together something so much greater in the future for the Magical readathon, and I can't wait to see what that will be! See below for all of the books I got read in the final week of NEWTs, as well as my final stats and ratings for each book I read!

Shout out to audiobooks for saving my life at the end of NEWTs!

DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS
Acceptable level achieved: Read a horror/thriller


Thinner by Stephen King
318 pages

Exceeds Expectations level achieved: Read a book involving water


Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
342 pages

DIVINATION
Acceptable level achieved: Read a book with a red cover


Dominicana by Angie Cruz
323 pages

CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
Outstanding level achieved: Start a book with a snack


Goodbye, Paris by Anstey Harris
279 pages

 NEWTS REQUIREMENTS FOR HOGWARTS PROFESSOR

Achieve an "Outstanding" in the subject that you wish to teach 

CARE OF MAGICAL CREATURES
Acceptable ✅
Exceeds Expectations ✅
Outstanding  

Achieve an "Exceeds Expectations" in Defense Against the Dark Arts

DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS
Acceptable  
Exceeds Expectations  

Achieve an "Acceptable" in secondary subjects of your choice

DIVINATION
Acceptable  

HERBOLOGY
Acceptable  

FINAL STATS & RATINGS

Books completed: 7
Pages read: 2,255
NEWTs Requirements Completed: 3/3
NEWTs Challenges Completed: 7/7

Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett ⭐⭐⭐⭐
In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thinner by Stephen King ⭐⭐
Dominicana by Angie Cruz ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman ⭐⭐⭐
Goodbye, Paris by Anstey Harris ⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment