Monday, June 22, 2020

Run Log // June 15 - June 21, 2020



Summer runnin' is in FULL FORCE right now! It's been non-stop hot an humid here in New England so I've been trying to transition myself back to being an early morning runner (which I HATE 😩#snoozebuttonlife) so that I can beat the heat, especially for my longer miles. I've been running three times a week pretty consistently these days which is exciting as consistency is something that I've definitely struggled with as a runner. I'm glad that I've been good about staying on top of my running even though I haven't had anything in particular to train for.

Tuesday, 6/16 → 5.01 miles @ 9:21 average pace
Friday, 6/19 → 6.01 miles @ 10:18 average pace
Sunday, 6/21 → 10 miles @ 10:30 average pace

Chicago Marathon training starts this week for me. I'm still aiming for a sub-5 and I believe Chicago is the perfect course for me to achieve that goal for the first time. I've been pretty upfront about the fact that I'm pretty confident that Chicago will be cancelled, at the very least for non-elite runners. Brett and I even took bets last night on how far I'll be into training before they officially pull the plug (Brett is betting 8 weeks, I'm wagering 5 weeks). 😂 BUT I'm still going to train like I'll be on the starting line in October. I still have another 26.2 planned for November which *may* actually happen, so I can just have my training go toward that race instead. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!


This week I have a couple of shorter runs to kick off marathon training, but I'll also finally be running the Virtual Providence Half Marathon! I was planning to run the Providence Half in person in May, but, of course, it was cancelled and turned into a virtual event. I finally got my swag pack in the mail last week (including my bib and finisher's medal!) so this weekend I'll finally be running the race. I'm going to be joined by my pal Cassie for these 13.1 miles as she will also be running a virtual half of her own, so it will be a great time! I'm looking forward to have a buddy to pass the long miles with this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Red hot cover ! A book this hot really deserves a good launch. I would suggest usbookreviews dot com to give your book a good start.

    ReplyDelete