Wednesday, June 17, 2020

I'M IN!!!: Medford2Medford Virtual Run Across America

Disclaimer: I received an entry to the Medford2Medford Virtual Run Across America to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


Exciting news, y'all! I'm participating in another awesome virtual running challenge and I am pumped to share it with you! I am participating in the Medford2Medford Virtual Run Across America! This running challenge is in honor of Dave McGillivray's 1978 journey of running from Medford, Oregon to his home town of Medford, Massachusetts. I am always so fascinated by the individuals who continuously challenge themselves with cross-country treks, and I knew I had to participate in this challenge to join in on the fun!

There are three different distance options, and you can choose to run the distance solo or as part of a team. You can participate in the Massachusetts2Medford: The Home Stretch challenge (complete 142 miles solo or with a team of up to 5 members), the Mississippi2Medford: The Eastern States challenge (complete 1,258 miles solo or with a team of up to 10 members) or the full Medford2Medford: Run Across America challenge (complete 3,452 miles solo or with a team of up to 20 members). I personally signed up for the Massachusetts2Medford: The Home Stretch challenge. 142 solo miles feels totally doable, and as a resident of Massachusetts, it felt like this challenge was the perfect fit for me!

Map for the Massachusetts2Medford: The Home Stretch challenge in red,
in comparison to McGillivray's entire trek!

While the challenge ceremoniously ends on August 29th (as that was the day McGillivray completed his 3,452 mile journey), participants will have all the way until November 17th to complete their mileage. Being the type-A personality that I am, I'm personally going to shoot to have my 142 miles done by August 29th. I think that's a pretty attainable goal for myself, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!


There are two levels at two different price points that you can choose from when you register. 

The Starter Pack ($35) includes:

-Bib
-Finisher postcard
-Invitation to participant-only Facebook group
-Access to tracking and mapping platform

The Premiere Pack ($60) includes everything in the Starter Pack, plus:

-Finisher's medal
-Neck gaiter
-Dave McGillivray's Run Across America illustrated children's book

I opted to go with the Premiere Pack and I'm excited to show you all photos of the swag once it arrives!
You can see images of all of the items above if you're impatient like me and want an idea of what everything looks like. 😄

I am so looking forward to taking on this challenge and sharing with you all what my experience is like as I virtually work my way across the state of Massachusetts! Be on the look out for lots of updates on my progress right here on the blog and on my Twitter and Instagram. If you'd like to join in on this fun as we run our way across America, you can register here!

No comments:

Post a Comment