Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Non-Racing & Non-Travel Life Update!

Hey everyone! It has been a MINUTE since I've sat down to do a general life update. How are you guys?? Clearly, I've been super busy over these last few weeks between travel, running, and work entering the busy season, so life updates like these tend to be last on my priority list, but I wanted to take some time to check in with y'all! Because I'm not sure what order to do this update in, here's a bunch of unrelated photos from my phone to help you get up to speed on my non-racing and travel life!


After 3.5 years, we finally got new phones! After my trip to Disney it really became apparent that it was time to retire the ol' 6S and trade it in for something with a better camera and a better battery life. It was getting to the point where I was asking Cassie to take all the photos during our trip just because her camera was so much better, and I was needing to charge my phone multiple times a day. It just wasn't practical to have my old phone anymore! So when I got home, Brett and I ordered iPhone XRs and I am LOVING IT. I'm still getting used to it because it's a lot more advanced than the 6S (I've never felt older tbh ๐Ÿ˜‚) but the photo quality and the fact that I don't have to charge it for nearly two days is amazing. PLUS the fact that my phone is yellow and I have an adorable Pokemon phone case makes me oh so happy! ๐Ÿ’›


I've been on a huge Sour Patch Watermelon kick as of late. I snapped this pic earlier this week. Work's been particularly hectic lately and grabbing a pack of these at the gas station before my commute home has been my go-to stress relief. ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜‚


Last week after returning from Disney I was experiencing some serious overuse pain in my feet, ankle and calves. Brett helped me throughout the week to roll out, stretch, and massage. Knowing I had LA around the corner was really stressing me out so I did my best to rest up and stay off my feet as much as possible. I didn't want to get injured by pushing too hard! Saturday was my first run back post-Disney. I was nervous to run because I wasn't sure how my body would react, so I tried to make it feel easy. I unintentionally ran sub-10's the whole time, ran negative splits, and somehow PR'd my 5K time on my Garmin??? ๐Ÿ˜ณ


Now my true 5K time was run at some point before I had a Garmin. I believe it is somewhere in the 27's, but it's been lost pre-Garmin history. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I believe that I can get back to that range one day, but for now I'm just so psyched at how great that run felt and how fast I went without pushing myself too hard. Progress, people! PROGRESS!!! 

Stats from the run, and the adorable badge on Garmin Connect for Leap Day! ๐Ÿธ


I've been saying I've been needing a new medal rack for a while now (truly, it's stuffed to the brim) and I was really considering purchasing one after getting my gorgeous medals from Princess Weekend. Sneaky Brett decided to beat me to the punch and bought me one himself! I love the saying on the one he picked out for me - Fear No Distance, Stay Strong and Run Long. I haven't had a chance to hang it up yet, but hopefully once everything settles after LA I can hang it and start adding medals!

Brett *also* decided to treat me to a pair of Nike running shoes! (I'm honestly so lucky, y'all.) We hit up the Nike Store when I got back from Florida because he needed new shoes himself. Once Brett had picked out the shoes he wanted, I was curious to see if they had a pair of Vaporflys jst to try on and see what all the fuss was about -- they didn't ๐Ÿ˜ช. Even so we looked around the women's section a bit and Brett pointed out the pair of Air Zoom Winflo 6s in the photo above and I gave them a try. When I tried them on and gave them a little jog I knew I wanted to take them home, so Brett very kindly added them to his stack of shoes and treated me to some discounted Nikes ($45!). I will be sticking with my trusty Brooks through LA (I just bought myself some new Adrenaline 19s!) since I'm used to running longer distances in those, but I'll definitely be trying these out when I start training for my next couple of races to see how they feel!


Went and got my civic duty done yesterday after work on Super Tuesday. 
Will I ever stop being excited about getting an "I Voted" sticker? Probably not. ๐Ÿ˜‚


On my way into work this morning, good ol' Dory hit 200k miles! My little Versa has been such a great car over these almost 8 years (!!!) that I've had it. I'm sure a new car is somewhere close on the horizon, but I just love my car so much and I know it's going to be a sad day when I'll have to say goodbye to it!

This weekend we are jetting off to LA for the Los Angeles Marathon and to visit with some family. I'm actually so excited to experience the LA Marathon for the first time. I've heard amazing things about the course and the crowd support! I've found that I really enjoy big races because I love being surrounded by runners during the entire run, so I'm sure I'm going to have an absolute blast on Sunday. I think my goals for Sunday will be the same as they were for the Rock n' Roll New Orleans Marathon:

A. #SUB5ORBUST!!!
B. Set a new PR - I now have to beat 5:04:13 in order to set a marathon PR!
C. Sub-5:30
D. Just finish! ๐Ÿ˜„

Either way the race and the trip will be an absolute blast and you'll of course be getting plenty of post-race updates here on the blog! If you'd like to follow along during the weekend, make sure you're following me on Instagram and Twitter as I'm sure you'll find plenty of updates on those two platforms. Wish me luck on #Sub5orBust attempt #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment