Sunday, March 15, 2020

Disinfect Your Surroundings ๐Ÿค˜

This meme KILLED ME. If you're not sure what this means, listen to this song.

It's just the weirdest time to be alive, huh?

We've been back from LA since Wednesday morning and I've basically had no time to think about anything other than COVID-19. Our campus has extended its spring break for students and has switched to remote learning until April 3 (though I wouldn't be surprised if that was extended to the end of the semester), and we've also cancelled all events over 50 people and all travel outside of New England through April 30th. As of right now I haven't been mandated to work remotely but I also wouldn't be surprised if that's coming soon as well.

With all that's going on I haven't had a chance to sit down and write an update on how last weekend's marathon went (so lucky that I was able to run the race and it didn't get cancelled!) or edit the vlog I recorded, but that will be coming soon! In the meantime I've been resting my legs. I just got back to cross training yesterday and am planning to do some more today and early this week. I'm planning to get back to running mid-week and then be back to full-swing training for Rock n' Roll Seattle next weekend.

Gotta love that my next marathon is located in the MOST AFFECTED AREA OF THE COUNTRY. Hopefully things will be cleared up by June but I felt like the biggest clown booking my flight to Seattle on Friday. ๐Ÿคก

Don't worry, I put travel insurance on the flight ๐Ÿ˜…

Since the future is a little foggy at the moment which can easily make my anxiety brain spiral, I'm trying my best to focus on the things I can control. Here's what I have been/will be focusing on:

-Getting a haircut for the first time since August. It isn't drastic at all but it feels nice to take about 4 or 5 inches of length off of my mane. I'm so lazy when it comes to my hair. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
-I'll be writing my LA Marathon review & editing the weekend vlog very soon so be on the look out for that! 
-I just signed up for a couple more product campaigns with BibRave so I'll be throwing myself into those over the next couple of weeks. Be on the look out on my socials! 
-Since my busiest month of the year at work has essentially been cancelled, I'll have a lot more time to read. The O.W.L.s readathon is coming up in April and I cannot wait to participate in one of my favorite readathons for the third year in a row! I'm hoping to publish a lot more reading content now that we're essentially required to stay at home. Stay tuned! 
-Of course, getting back to training properly. It's been a weird few weeks of running as I haven't really been following a plan between NOLA and LA (mostly just trying to rest as much as possible!), but I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine. I'm hoping to do weekly training updates again as I felt those kept me really accountable, and Brett's working with me to come up with a good lifting plan. #Sub5orBust, baby!

I hope everyone out there is staying safe and healthy and is able to find the positives throughout this really uncertain time. I'm hopeful that this will be over soon. ๐Ÿ’œ

No comments:

Post a Comment