Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Go Away, Cold // #Sub5orBust Training Update (March 23 - March 30, 2020)

Hey there folks. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm......... okay. I feel like the last few days have been a bit more of a struggle for me. I don't know if it's because it's been pretty gloomy over these last couple days, being at the house so often is making me crazy, or WHAT, but I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping and I'm just overall very anxious about what's going on in the world. I'm trying to take things day by day and give myself a break, but I'm just feeling very blah and negative right now. *sigh* Hopefully tomorrow will bring more cheer!

CURRENT STATUS OF ROCK N' ROLL SEATTLE MARATHON: 
ON AS SCHEDULED!
I figured I can report on this week to week as we never know if or when this might change.

Week 1 of #RnR Seattle Training

Monday 3/23 → Rest
Tuesday 3/24 5 miles @ 9:38/mi
Wednesday 3/25 6 miles @ 10:33/mi + lift with Brett
Thursday 3/26 Rest
Friday 3/27 Lift with Brett
Saturday 3/28 3.15 miles @ 9:53/mi
Sunday 3/29 Rest
Monday 3/30  13 miles @ 

My right hip has been giving me a lot of grief since returning to running post-LA. It feels like it's super tight, fatigues easily, and is just overall really uncomfortable to run on. I'm trying to incorporate stretching and using The Stick and a lacrosse ball as much as possible to get at the problem areas, but it's definitely slowing me down. I think my Wednesday morning run is where it really came out to play and you can so see the difference in my splits between my Tuesday 5 miler and my Wednesday 6 miler.


Tuesday evening run...


...and Wednesday morning. Ouch.


On Saturday I had a 5K scheduled. It was super gray and rainy and my motivation was dipping. I texted my mom to see if she wanted to run virtually with me and she said yes! We decided to start running at the same time and check in with each other via text when we finished. It was a great way to "run" with someone without having to get together with them. Highly recommend trying it out with your running pals!



I usually aim to do my long runs on Sunday but I was just NOT feeling it this past Sunday. The weather has been more gloomy than not these days and I've also been sleeping so terribly, so my body and mind were just not there for a 13 mile run. However, now that I'm working remotely I can really make my schedule quite flexible so I went for a mid-day #MondayRunday to get my long run for the week done! I was participating in Mission #003 for the Pandemic Run Club and my team (TEAM BLACK!) needed to run between 19k and 19 miles in a singular run, so this was the perfect opportunity to get that mission accomplished! Of course, I tried to rock as much black (or navy blue lol) as possible:


I also have stumbled across a runner on Instagram - @julierunsfast - who has been posting running scavenger hunts each week! I definitely wanted to give this week's scavenger hunt a try and it was honestly such a blast. Having a list of things that I needed to spot while on my run had me trying to think creatively and the miles seemed to whiz by. I hope that she continues to post these each weekend so I have an additional thing to do while I'm running long miles! Here's how I did on my scavenger hunt:



Aaand here's how I did on my run: 


The run felt... okay. I think I was just mainly cold and was grumpy about that. After a few miles my legs warmed up and felt okay, but the fact that winter seems to be hanging on for dear life is making my desire to run plummet. Please hurry up, summer! *does warm weather dance* ๐ŸŒž

No comments:

Post a Comment