Friday, February 3, 2017

#AYearAThon February 2017 TBR!



For my next readathon I will be participating in the February round of #AYearAThon! I've never participated in #AYearAThon before but this is a very interesting, fun, and laid back readathon that I've always wanted to be a part of. #AYearAThon happens during the first full week of every month and always has a different theme and challenge for each month. 

For February the theme is Retellings and the challenge is to read books that have been recommended to you. Luckily, being part of the online book community, almost every book I own has been recommended to me in some sort of capacity and a lot of those books just happen to be retellings, as that's something people LOVE to talk about! I'm very excited for my TBR and so, without further adieu, here are my picks for this round of #AYearAThon!

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #2): This was an easy pick for me. I haven't picked up the Lunar Chronicles since I read Cinder back in August and have been itching to get back into the series. This is a Little Red Riding Hood retelling and I'm fairly certain it also incorporates other fairy tales that have been mentioned so far in the series. Looking forward to continuing on with this series!

Saga, vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples: While this isn't explicitly a retelling, I'm counting this one as it has some really heavy Romeo & Juliet, star-crossed-lovers vibes to it. I'm also excited to continue on with this series as I read the first volume in October and have not had the chance to pick it back up yet!

The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Adieh: This is the first book in The Wrath & the Dawn duology and it is a retelling of 1,001 Nights. I've heard the entire internet sing the praises of this duology but I've also heard some criticisms of this book that make me a bit hesitant to pick this up. I'm going into this with an open mind, though, and I look forward to finding out if I enjoy it!

If you're joining in on #AYearAThon, let me know in the comments! 
I would love to interact with you throughout the readathon! 
Also, make sure to click play on my TBR video below to get more of my thoughts on each of the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment